“An absolutely wonderful & effective tennis resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Total Tennis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Total Tennis
You added Total Tennis to your Saves list
1811 Old Kings Highway, Saugerties, NY 12477   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Newark, NJ
“An absolutely wonderful & effective tennis resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Prepared to play excellent tennis with an great group of bi-lateral skilled individuals; the facilities, food, room, and staffing are fantastic. I cannot wait to return in the fall.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NYC, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

My friend and I went to TT for a girls get away weekend. We were both beginners and placed together in a group that totaled four. Our instructor, Vic, was patient, kind and extremely helpful. He was able to hone in on what we needed extra work on and ran fun drills and games to keep us moving, engaged and having fun. The first day we were videotaped without much practice and we were later shown the tape in slow motion so we could see what we needed to work on. We both came away feeling like we learned a lot and had improved.

The food and accomodations were good. The crowd was mostly women in their 40s - 60s. There is a hot tub and a pool and spa services. We each had a massage which was very good. Before dinner on Saturday, there was a complimentary wine and cheese hour which was really nice. Saturday night they brough in a DJ and had dancing in the barn. We skipped it but heard it was fun.

Overall, a great time, lots of tennis, learned a lot, would definitely return and recommend!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Just back from a two-day stint at Total Tennis --my first visit. The main attraction here is obviously the tennis. I had a great time. I played with the three friends I traveled with so I did not encounter any pairing problems. We did drills most of the morning and played doubles and games in the afternoons. On Saturday afternoon there was a Round Robin which was slightly disorganized but I was happy to get out there and play. The accommodations are fairly grim -- cabins with only the bare necessities. (Remember to bring your own shampoo!) The food is the absolute highlight. Their chef and kitchen staff are wonderful and the meals were all delicious, relatively healthful, varied, etc. Basically, Total Tennis is summer camp for tennis heads. Go for the tennis but stay for the food!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I just returned( felt like I was kicked out) from Total Tennis. Because I was a few hours late to check in yesterday, I was placed in a beginners group which I felt I did not belong. I asked the manangement to change me into a more advanced group but got no promises that would be possible. The next day (today) I was put in an established group of four which caused little effect on the pace of the drills etc. But after lunch when I returned for the afternoon session I was told that I could not rejoin that group and I could not play again for another 3 hours, after another member of my small group was refused entry to a more advance group suddenly I was told that the instructor did not think highly of my abilities. But something tells me that someone from the group complained about having 5 people instead of 4. Thus placing the burden on me to essentially sit out the whole afternoon. I then decided to pack my bags and leave. The owner was quite snide about the whole thing and apparently didn't care in the least. I advise no one to go this establishment unless you are already in a group of four people you want to train with that weekend. There is no leeway outside of this arrangement. I could be critical of the accomodations as well but I leave that to others since my main purpose was to play tennis and have a good time neither of which I had.

• Stayed April 2009
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I booked this 3 day trip with my son and husband who both are great tennis players. I personally am not a great or even good tennis player, but eager to learn! This was excellent. From the people to my tennis pro (hey Vic) and to the amazing food. I think I gained five pounds!!

Total Tennis is in a picturesque setting. The smell of coffee, and cooking of home made food is in the air in the main lodge! The food is excellent! The place itself is very rustic, and the rooms can really be considered a place to get a good hot shower and a good nights sleep! This is tennis camp, not a tennis resort..

The instruction for me as a beginner was excellent. I was able to do the four hours of tennis a day..and then some! My pro had the patientence of a saint and was so nice and kind and caring! It does not matter what level you are..even a beginner can have fun!

The best part after the tennis and the food were the other people who were guests! Memories and friendships that might last a lifetime!! We were all so close that we pushed some table together so we could have our meals together..all of us..except the children who were just too cool to sit with the adults!
Very casual..don't get dressed up for dinner..flip/flops shorts or sewat pants are just fine!
After dinner the other guest asked if we wanted to play more tennis...most everyone did and had a blast!

We are tired and sore, but had a great time meeting great people,playing great tennis, learning tennis skills, eating great food, and having memories that will last a lifetime. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Bridgewater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I attended a tennis weekend at TT with several girlfriends (in our 40's and 50's). We received serious instruction and all felt satisfied that we came away with our games improved. Food was excellent. The place is "rustic", not posh - the dining room and lounge is like a New England ski lodge. My room was comfortable and spotless. The bathroom was rather old fashioned and small, but clean with plenty of hot water. For the money, I think it is a great value. Mostly adults attended but there were 2 families with teens. I booked one of their masseuses after the first day and she was excellent, and baked myself in their hot tub jacuzzi after the second afternoon. I slept like a rock both nights.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

My wife and I are complete beginners at Tennis. Our instructors were very informative, patient and thorough. The setting is gorgeous, and the food is excellent. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Total Tennis? Share your experiences!