“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

The service at this Hilton Garden Inn is second to none. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean with up to date decor. All of the rooms have flat screen tv's, comfortable beds and are spacious. I was traveling on business and had 5 co-workers at the hotel too. We all walked up to Limoncello, a delicious Italian restaurant, and then we walked downtown to some bars. It was a very convenient location in lovely, quaint, Saratoga Springs, NY. There's also a great bbq place up the road (you would need to drive) about a mile away and an ice cream place (Alexandra's) right across the street from the hotel. There's also a liquor store within walking distance & a convenience store.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I had stayed in this hotel five years ago and it is every bit at lovely now as it was then. Front desk staff was terrific and the rooms were beautifully decorated. Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Room decor
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Ashtabula, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I reserved a non-smoking room directly with the hotel for two nights in October. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was informed that only smoking rooms were available during my stay. The manager, Carl, explained to me (in a roundabout way - lasting 15 minutes) that it is Hilton's policy to guarantee rooms, but not preferences. I would like to inform other traveler's of this policy as it is not stated on their website. Preferences are listed as smoking/non-smoking and king bed/2 double beds, but are not guaranteed by the hotel. It is first come, first served during check-in. After declining the room, they offered me a $50 discount. I refused and they offered to call nearby hotels to find a room available for me. Their overall customer service was very poor. It took a total of 20 minutes to resolve this situation.
I would have possibly considered recommending a stay there in the future had they explained their policy forthrightly and then seeing that they could not accommodate me, picked up the phone and made arrangements with another hotel promptly. However, I do not recommend staying at this hotel because they are very weak in their customer service.

I used tripadvisor to educate myself about local lodging in this area. Based on customer reviews and location, I chose the Hilton Garden Inn. In the future, I may not book a room in advance for this area, as there are many different hotels in the area to choose from. Many of them are along the main thoroughfare and are not listed on this website.

I ended up staying at the Residence Inn, where every staff member I met was courteous and helpful in service, destination requests and restaurant recommendations.

• Liked — Location is within easy walking distance of main thoroughfare
  • Disliked — They gave away my reserved room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hartford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

It's the little things that count, isn't it? Like having an automatic door opener for the front door which was missing at this property. It wasn't the only thing missing - poor service from the front desk staff was another. The shower and sink did not drain well. Thank goodness for points programs as this Garden Inn was not like others where I have stayed. The room was clean and large but not worth the price. There have to be better alternatives in Saratoga Springs!

• Liked — the room was large and clean
  • Disliked — the shower and sink did not work well
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

My daughter and I were on a whirlwind college tour during April vacation and booked this hotel for one of the nights on our trip. Overall, our experience was a good one, however, there were two issues. 1. The road in the front of the hotel was under construction though it didn't cause too many issues getting into and out of the driveway. 2. Due to the construction, the hotel was under a "boil water" alert for 3 days!
Luckily, we were only staying overnight so decided to just deal with it...you could use the water for showers and the staff had put bottled water in the room, but it was a little disconcerting. The room was very nice and a good size. The breakfast buffet was very nice. We would stay here again.

• Liked — The hotel was new and nicely designed. Breakfast was quite comprehensive.
  • Disliked — That there were problems with the water at the time.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greenfield Center, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I needed a "mom needs to get away before she goes insane" time away. I booked 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Saratoga Springs. It was very nice. I got a standard king room. It had lovely furnishings and came with a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, ironing board, toiletries, nice desk with an ergonomic chair, a nice over sized upholstered chair and an ottoman. Not bad for "standard". It was nicer than some "Deluxe" rooms I've had at other places.
I didn't use any of the facilities while I was there but there's an indoor pool, a small "Oh, I forgot....store", a diningroom, a gorgeous fireplace with plenty of comfy chairs in the lobby and complimentary coffee/tea. I believe there's a gym too. There are even coin op, or send out laundry options.
What struck me most is the fact that my room (as well as the lobby and hallways) were IMMACULATE. There was not speck one of dust anywhere. The bathroom was so clean it was almost blinding (and the water pressure was AWESOME and there were PLENTY of fluffy towels)
My dealings with staff was pleasureable. They are very friendly and more than accomodating. Anything I needed, not that I needed much, was provided quickly and with a smile. The only complaint I have......like most Hotels, the walls are awfully thin. I was there in off season with minor rennovations taking place and it was mildly disturbing. I'm not sure how it would be during vacation season.
Price was decent, I got my room for $109 nightly....total for 2 nights including taxes was $246.34. Not too bad considering that some less than stellar Motels in the area were charging quite a bit more for far less. All in all, well worth it.....after all, who can put a price on your sanity? LOL

• Liked — Spotessly clean
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend 2007. We had stayed in Hilton Garden Inns before, and always enjoyed them, so we thought that this would be a good choice. For the most part it was. My only complaint is that we did wait a while to check in. We had arrived at about the same time as a big group of guests in town for a wedding, but the staff did its best trying to process everyone through.

The hotel is a bit of a walk to downtown, but is not a problem if you like walking. Like others, we did find the breakfast prices to be expensive, so we opted to have breakfast one morning at the nearby Saratoga Diner, which was fast, freindly and reasonable. With so many little eateries in downtown, there are a lot of other options for breakfast.

The pool facility is relatively small, but in scale with the size of the property.

• Liked — Great location between downtown and the state park.
  • Disliked — Wait at check-in
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!