“Just Okay!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Hoboken, NJ
“Just Okay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I would rate this property okay! Our stay was during racing season (Traver's Cup weekend). Granted it's a busy time of year, but the room was so dirty!!!! The bathroom in particular. We were so grossed out! I found myself cleaning questionable hair off the bathroom floor that did not belong to us. Gross! We all know that hotel/motel rooms overall are not clean. Come on. At least, sweep the floor. Thank God we brought disenfectants. Also, the toilet barely flushed. We almost needed to plunge it several times. The room was just under $600 a night. I stayed here in 04 and it was alot cleaner. For that kind of money, I expect alot more. Also, we had to request toilet paper shortly after checking in. It's too bad about the room because the staff was so nice. I guess they don't care since race season is so short. I would not recommend staying here. If you are with a group, I would look into renting a house.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Dirty room and bathroom
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

This trip was a gift trip for my father-in-law. He recently turned 75. We both wanted to visit Saratoga Race Track and play some golf. It was our first trip to the area. When I booked the Hotel and started asking about the Race Track and golf, the representative simply said "Oh, you must speak to KO" (Karen Oakes).

Well she was correct. KO set up the reservations for the Race Track, golf at Saratoga National. and Saturday Night dinner on the second busiest weekend of the season. That Saturday was "Alabama Day" at the track. Today is the Travers Stakes.

KO was always easy to reach, returned all my calls, and had a positive energy that made the entire visit seem as special as I wanted it to be.

She is the best, most friendly Concierge I have ever met. I have traveled through the US, Europe, and Asia-Pac. Next year we are hoping to be there for the Travers.

The Pro and the team at Saratoga National Golf Club are friendly, considerate, and it is a beautiful course.

The Saratoga Hilton is in a great location, on the beginning of Broadway and was the perfect spot for us. The Limo service to the Track was right on time and very comfortable.

And they are off...

Gary Foster

• Liked — Concierge and location
  • Disliked — View from room
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

My Association had a conference there for 375 people. The staff went out of their way to make sure that things went smoothly--even when the situation was out of their control! For example, we all know that food prices have escaled rapidly in the last year. The type of lunch for which I had budgeted $18.50 in 2007 had risen to $20.25 by the date of my event! The staff worked with me to suggest some creative alternative to help me stay within budget, without sacrificing quality.

Each member of the hotel staff helped out when approached with a request or problem. No one said, "that's not my job." Even the accounting department went out of their way to double check on some charges for me.

Any problems that arose (and with a group that size, there are always problems!) were handled in an efficient and professional manner. The event was seamless to the attendees.

A special shout out to my sales rep, Cindy Sullivan: Thanks for getting me meeting dates that work for us!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Distance from the airport
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
long island ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

had major problems with the door lock guy had to come fix it, toilet bowl very noisy for about 10min after flushing,had to share my balcony with strangers in next room, and tv had huge black spot in middle wasnt very relaxing. could never get my door open and wasnt even told people would be sharing balcony. needs lots of updating

• Liked — the people were friendly
  • Disliked — just alot of annoying problems, for the price it was to much of a hassle to have to deal with
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cobleskill, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) held its 26th annual conference at The Saratoga in 2008. It was our first time there and they exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff was knowledgeable and highly proficient. From Sales Manager Cindy Sullivan to Event Manager Lindsay Heath to all banquet and hotel staff, everyone made our conference a great success. Our event is complicated- we had over 1,000 attendees, 90 workshops and 3 keynote addresses. Everything went smoothly. Our members liked the hotel rooms and they greatly appreciated the Chef's willingness to cook with only 100% local and organic ingredients (which we sourced). We'll be in Rochester in 2009 to serve our members in Western New York but we'll be back to the Saratoga Hilton in 2010.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

We are repeat visitors to Saratoga and have stayed in this hotel through several managerial changes. Thank God that one of the things that hasn't changed is the concierge, Karen Oakes. She is so knowledgeable and well connected that our stay is always enhanced by her services. Whether we need T times, race track tickets or reservations she has helped us at every turn. Her efficiency and professionalism plus easy personality set a tone for the hotel that is inviting and hospitable. There are new lodging possiblites in Saratoga but K O keeps us coming back.

• Liked — The convenience andthe concierge
  • Disliked — Charm (there isn't much)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
east longmeadow, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

Service was great. Rooms clean and prepared every day with new linens. Front desk was extremely helpful. Concierge, Karen Oakes is beyond reproach.

I used one of the suites as a hospitality center and it was well
serviced by room service and houskeeping. The regular rooms were used for overnight guests and were cleaned with linen changes daily. The stay was well received by all I entertained.

Stayed August 2008

Been to The Saratoga Hilton? Share your experiences!