“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Hopewell Junction, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was so comfortable to stay at...everyone is so accomadating. The hotel staff are all truly wonderful and were always asking if you needed anything. I also love the location of this particular hotel, directly on Broadway, but away from the noisy middle of the area. I will always stay here when I'm in this area. This was a great experience!!!! Thank you Saratoga Springs Hilton Hotel!!!! You are truly above and beyond any other hotel in this area and it is truly appreciated!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Gloria B,

WOW! What a great review! I'm sharing this with every employee that works here at the Saratoga Hilton. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff wanting to go above and beyond so that you can enjoy your stay. We truly take pride in the work we do and put the effort in to make every guest as happy as you!

We look forward to having you come back soon!

Best,

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

nice hotel, lives up to 3 star rating but-if you are a person who rises early before 7am and want a coffee, forget it, there is no complimentary coffee in the lobby(almost every hotel chain from 2 to 4 stars offers complimentary coffee in a.m. hours). CHEAP! They tell you to drink the coffee in the hotel rooms with the creamers that have been there for a week OR wait until 7am for restaurant to open and then you can buy it. This may seem like a small issue but not when you are a business traveler who must rise early and leave before a 7am restaurant even opens up. this hotel has no idea on making that type of traveler happy or even cares. If you are a business man and need your morning coffee without having to make a bad cup yourself, go elsewhere. This is not a business travelers hotel. STAY AWAY! Nothing moves, works, talks, manages, cooks, perks, or runs until 7am here. The day is already moving at this point, catch up Hilton!

psuprd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and enjoyed our property, but sorry we missed on what would have made your experience a better one. As you mentioned, we do have complimentary coffee in each guest room, and the products are replenished with each guests stay. We do take your feeedback seriously and are always willing to try and adapt to customer needs so we can please guest that stays with us. Therefore, we do appreciate your review and hope the next time you come stay, we can offer you a better experience.

Poughkeepsie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent service and food. Staff was very responsive to my needs. food was well prepared and appetizing. Rooms were clean and neat and parking adequate for size of group at hotelle and lines were of the finest qualityortab. Beds were very comf

James B,

Thank you fro the great review! TripAdvisor reaches so many people and we were glad that you enjoyed your experience because we take great pride in our service and the product we offer.

We hope that you will be returning soon and thank you again!

Best,

Saratoga Springs, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Right in the middle of downtown. Great location for shopping and walking around town. Rooms are a nice size however I was surprised it didn't have a refrigerator and a microwave like other hotels we have stayed at recently. Also wish the small bathroom had some sort of ventilation. Room steams up from shower so bad I had to leave the bathroom door open. Also the window blinds were broken and hardly covered the window. Shower walls had water spots leading me to believe they were not cleaned from the previous occupant.

• Stayed April 2013
AStowe, Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of your suite and apologize you were disappointed. We will use your comments as we work to improve our guests satisfaction and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area to see our improvements first hand. We also wanted to let you know, do have mirowaves and portable refrigeratiors avaialable upon request just let the reservations agent know when you're making a reservation or ask at the front desk when you check in.

United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

On a Saturday night, there were dozens of drunken college kids running up and down the hallway and about 20-25 of them screaming in the room next door to mine at 3 A.M.. It took several calls to security before anything was done. On the third call they said there was nothing that they could do until the police arrived. Also the restaurant there is terrible. The food was undercooked and the service was extremely slow although they were not crowded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have overnight security available during high traffic periods - we regret that noise was disruptive to you. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. I also shared your review with our restaurant manager to address the the staff.
Again, Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Franklin Lakes, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have always enjoyed my stay at the Saratoga Hilton. The staff is always very good to my 2 long-haired Chihuahuas. This was my first time in a luxury suite, and I found it very roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Plattsburgh, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I attended a convention and expected that things would be as I had reserved. The room was dirty (you could see the dust under the bed and in the corners and along the walls where the vacuum couldn't reach. The rooms are very old, the walls paper thin ( I could hear someone in the bathroom next to me, and it was rather embarrassing to think that that meant they could hear me in the bathroom, as well). The drapes were broken, so I had to do a make shift closing to ensure myself some privacy. The TV is set up so that when you turn it on, you get a page full of adds to buy movies, etc... and it takes navigating through a series of screens to get to regular TV. There are also no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms, something you see, even in a Super 8 or a Comfort Inn. I was shocked to have to ask for a fridge, and then to be told that it would cost an additional 15.00 per night to have one. The rooms in this hotel need some major renovations. They are very old. The walls are cracking and yellow... not something you expect from a Hilton. I will say the staff was friendly and the Lobby is very modern and accommodating, but that isn't where people spend their time. A great deal of attention needs to be given to the rooms, if this hotel wishes to maintain Hilton quality and an "average" or "good" rating. I wont go into detail about the spider scurrying across the floor, but suffice it to say, next time I am in Saratoga, I will choose another place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Saratoga Hilton? Share your experiences!