“A good choice for gateway to a charming small city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer rates from $179
Ranked #15 of 31 hotels in Saratoga Springs
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A good choice for gateway to a charming small city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This property is showing its age a bit in the rooms and hallways. But it is still a clean and pleasant alternative. I have stayed here a few times during the past few years and my impressions remain good. Certainly one important feature is the closeness of the property to the downtown and it's abundance of boutiques, coffee shops, and restaurants. The fitness room is small but has quality equipment.

Room Tip: I had a nice suite but the view on the 4th floor was terrible. I suggest you request a room, perhap...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AStowe, Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your note. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I am actually at the Sartoga Hilton on the second night of a two night stay. The walls are paper thin, I can hear the person in the next room cough and snore. The bathrooms can use an update. As a Diamond member, I didn't receive my two complimentary bottles of water. I know that sounds petty, but the water from the sink has a weird taste. At the conference I m attending, the water pitchers are always empty, staff doesn't fill them up. Finally, the message button is blinking on my phone but I have no messages.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience during your last visit with us. Please know that we do value your feedback and take it very seriously. I apologize for the oversight with your reservation, I don't know how we managed to miss a Diamond member. By the time I saw this on TA you had already checked out.
Again, my apologies for failing to meet your expectations, if your travel plans bring you back to Saratoga, please consider giving us a second chance. Contact me directly, I would be be happy to assist you with your accomodations.
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A beautiful property with very accomodating staff. They are knowledgeable and have wonderful customer service skills. Location right on the main street of Saratoga was so convenient to enjoying the city. Would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your experience here on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and Saratoga. You must come back and see us in the summer. Saratoga is the summer place to be.
Thanks again, hope to see you soon.
New City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

No complaints about the Saratoga Hilton. Stayed in middle of snowstorm, where we were attending a conference. Room was clean, bed-bug free, modern conveniences, just right for a quick overnight or weekend stay. They have an indoor pool which we did not utilize. The property is quite central to town, making walking the neighborhood easy (even in a torrential snowstorm!).

Recommended...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to Saratoga.
Amsterdam, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. When I arrived, I had a lot to bring up to the room because I was hosting a party. I was surprised that a concierge greeted me and asked me if I needed help with my bags. I usually don't say yes, but this time I did because I had so much. I explained to him what I was doing and he made some wonderful suggestions. I had large bottles of champagne that had to be chilled and he informed me that he could get buckets to chill them and also provide me with champagne flutes to use from the hotel kitchen. I was very impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I should say that the staff are top notch here.. had not one disappointment. And the property was nice, etc. etc. I stayed during the Totally Turning event, so it was pretty busy.

But I guess what I wanted to say is that somehow what others say really is true.. it doesn't quite measure up to Hilton somehow. A telling point: they made a show of celebrating Earth Day while I was there- I was very deeply impressed by that. BUT they don't have recycling in the rooms! Sure, they will let you keep your damp towels, but they have no emphasis on recycling. That should be a BASIC given, in my mind.

No paper delivered, but some were in the lobby. Food at the restaurant was good, but a bit overpriced. The heating/cooling unit in the room is HUGE- could barely walk around it to get into that side of the bed! I won't ever accept a first floor room either- had people walking past my windows, so I kept the shades drawn the whole time. The bed frame has a lethal metal protrusion sticking out, but it's hidden under the bedskirt- forgot to warn the front staff about that. It took off a few layers of my skin, and it's lying in wait for other victims as I type!

I enjoyed the location and the delightful walk down the main street, but I can't say I'm eager to get back to this hotel. And with such caring people there, that's a real shame.

Room Tip: The staff thoughtfully suggested I not take a room with a balcony, as it's shared with another r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your note. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I particularly regret that we did not get a chance to address your concerns during your stay. We actually do participate in a number of recycling programs such as you mentioned with the towels, compact flourescent light bulbs, we recycle paper plastic and glass through the back of the hotel and will affect this program in the guest rooms going forward. We no longer deliver newspapers to the guest rooms, but have them available in the lobby for our guests who still enjoy spending time catching up with the news with an actual newspaper.
I am happy to report that the bed fram has been repaired and is in correct working order.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I guess we had a different experience than others recently have had. Stayed here on my Hilton Honors points for a Saturday night getaway in Saratoga. Reserved a Signature Suite and found it in good working order, clean and ready for our stay with a freshly laundered bathrobe to boot. Plenty of towels, nice soaps and shampoo, and a very new and comfortable bed. Hotel itself is cavernous and cold feeling but the room itself was fine. Only minor complaint is that we were initially given continental breakfast tickets and as a Hilton Diamond member I am entitled to a full breakfast. After a brief discussion with the desk clerk, she graciously allowed us full breakfast for free. Which was very nice and could not be complained about.

Room Tip: We had a Signature Suite and had no complaints about the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay in March with us at the Saratoga Hilton. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay with us !
I see by your comments that you particularly enjoyed our comfy beds and guest room amenities.
When your travel plans bring you back to Saratoga , we hope that you stay with us again!

Been to The Saratoga Hilton? Share your experiences!