“Great time in Saratoga” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Everett,Ma
“Great time in Saratoga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I made our first trip to Saratoga Springs to take in the history and the racing at Saratoga. The Holiday Inn is located within an easy walk to shops, restuarant,bars etc. They have a shuttle that takes you around town and to the race track. The hotel has been around a while but the rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable. The outdoor swimming pool is not huge but it was just fine for relaxing in after a day at the track. Prices are high during racing season but the location, friendly staff and service will have us returning for an annual visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you make Saratoga and the Holiday Inn a regular vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for my wife's birthday. We stayed two nights in the middle of July. First of all, it's a Holiday Inn, so the room was exactly as I pictured it, if not a little bigger. If you like Holiday Inn's, you will enjoy this one too.

To get a few things out that we didn't try. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice. The workout room also looked updated. The restaurant bar was busy each night.

The sitting areas outside were a nice touch. There is an area out front with a fire pit, but it was a tad busy each night. We ended up finding a patio type area in the back that was very quiet.

We had one small problem with our TV remote, that was fixed almost immediately by maintenance. The front desk staff was very nice, and very helpful each time I interacted with them.

Ok, now the best part: The Location! Depending on why you might be going to Saratoga Springs, walking might be a big part of your trip. Everything we wanted on the main strip was a ten minute walk away. Really a great location, PLUS there is a fantastic stone staircase behind the Holiday Inn. It lead to Congress Park, which my wife and I spent hours in. We watched ducklings run around, a free show of Macbeth, checked out the local springs, and the many statues. As a small bonus, there is a Stewart's Shop across the street from the hotel, where we stocked up on water and a few snacks.

We're already planning on going back, and staying at The Holiday Inn in Saratoga is the #1 priority.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the King room. It was in a very cool private wing with five other King rooms. Only mi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. My favorite place in Saratoga is Congress Park. It is so relaxing there and the summer time concerts and craft fairs on Tuesdays are great. I am so happy to hear your stay in Saratoga and at the Holiday Inn was an enjoyable one and hope to see you again.
NEW HOPE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This Holiday Inn is on Broadway, the main street in downtown Saratoga Springs. It is a good choice for families and others. The service was friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable, but somewhat smaller than we would prefer. The hotel has various amenities including a swimming pool. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The hotel allows pets, which we appreciated. we enjoyed good breakfasts with very attentive service.

Green Features: The hotel is environmentally conscious and has signs posted accordingly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My better half was visiting with friends one terrible February evening up in Ballston Spa. When I saw the snow really starting to fall, I grabbed the dog and drove back to our hotel room. I ran to the mexican restaurant next door and came back to my uber clean, super warn room to enjoy a veggie burrito and watch True Detective.

There are many hotel choices in Saratoga Springs, but this Holiday Inn met all of our needs. Conveniently located with easy access to everything, very clean, very safe and a friendly staff that greeted my pitbull in the lobby with a friendly smile and a dog treat (always extra points).

The only thing was that it was a Saturday night and parking was a bit tricky. There is a restaurant on the premises, along with a reception hall. There was a wedding and the bar at the restaurant was in full swing. I needed to hang out in the parking lot for a good 10-15 minutes to find a spot. I could see how this might be an issue if you were staying here and making various trips in and out. However, this was the only down side.

Stay here with no worries.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Pointe Claire, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here as many hotels were booked in the area. The location is perfect for a visit to Saratoga springs with many restaurants and the main shopping street just a short walk through the park. The stair case down is lovely and our walk home with the fireflies lighting our way was a wonderful experience. The outdoor and indoor pools were lovely and a good size.
Off putting was the corridor full of staff waiting to finish their shift when we arrived we had to pass by many housekeeping carts and staff to enter our room. The room itself was a little tired and the beds were not as comfortable as I would have liked only 2 paper cups for drinking from when there was 4 of us in the room also cardboard covers would have made it easier to drink hot coffee from the cups. Complimentary breakfast was lovely although having to ensure we stayed in the 10$ budget was a bit annoying.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you had a housekeeping issue and I have personally noted your concerns and will address them with further training. Sharing your comments enables us to strive for the best in customer satisfaction.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Holiday Inn is clean, in good repair and pretty. It's the wonderful location on Broadway at Congress Park that really sets it apart as well as the shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius complimentarily. We took the shuttle twice and each time we didn't have to wait. The drivers, very friendly and courteous took took us easily where we wanted to go and picked us up. Housekeeping was very accomodating to requests. I asked for more coffee and that they do up the room while we were gone and they did, with a smile. My experience with the front desk was more mixed. I asked for a rubber bath mat for inside the shower as I was afraid I would slip and the person was a bit abrupt about saying that they didn't have any. For the record, we didn't slip but I was kind of worried about it. Other times I called and the person was very nice. The bed was wonderful, we slept very well and didn't hear our neighbors at all. We ate dinner in the dining room and the waitstaff was very attentive but we were the only ones there. The food was good, especially the warm rolls but they ran out of sesame wafers the second night we were there. Our waiter went out of his way to accomodate my dietary restrictions and explained the dishes in detail. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your guest service experience. I will address the issue through training. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.
Jefferson MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our vacation to the Catskills and Adirondacks did not include a planned stop in Saratoga Springs. But, at the last minute we added two days at the Holiday Inn downtown Saratoga Springs before we returned to Massachusetts, and we are glad we did. The hotel is so close to everything that their shuttle is almost superfluous. One of the best restaurant experiences was right across the street.

We were on a golfing vacation, so we played the Saratoga National Course and it was just great. We visited the casino, and right down the road was the famous Saratoga race track, where a horse show was happening, We shopped downtown, visited the great park next to the hotel and found entertainment in several places. The whole town is worthy of another visit in the future.

The hotel acknowledged my Rewards Club Platinum membership, upgraded my room, and had special gifts at check-in. The room was first-rate. It's an older facility - you'll notice narrow corridors and that sort of thing - but, it was clean and fresh. We'll stay again when we come back to Saratoga Springs.

Room Tip: I only observed one bad room and that was where they ice and soda machine are in the middle of the c...
Green Features: We don't mind keeping some towels off the floor and skipping the linen change for just the two day visit. We think it's the right thing to do.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you got to experience so much of our city while you were here. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. Look forward to the opportunity to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!