I'm not sure if it was because we came during a busy week (all hotels were booked up because of the races and the bar examination), but my experience here was terrible.
To start, all the employees seemed to be overworked and in a bad mood from being stressed out. I didn't hold it against them at first because I knew it was a very busy time...but their attitude when handling the issues with our rooms was completely rude and unaccommodating.
And boy did the rooms have issues.
Our first room appeared to be a bit damp, but overall fine. However, as we were getting into bed, we found out that one of the beds was WET beneath the comforter. not damp, but WET. This was not only mortifying because we had no idea what caused the wetness, but also extremely distressing because it was midnight and we were all extremely tired from a long day of studying and were supposed to wake up by 7am. Management (grumpily) came to confirm the wetness and we had to hurriedly pack up all our things to move to a different room while still half a sleep. They only compensated us for the distress with a $20 breakfast coupon between four people.
Our second room was not much better than the first. To start, the room itself was even more damp than the first room and the carpet was moist. The sheets on one of the beds was also damp (the only solace about having wet/damp sheets a second time is that we were able determined that all the sheets were probably put on the beds before they properly dried, rather than being wet/damp from bodily fluids). Finally, the bathtub also had large spots of dirt all over it, showing clearly that the bathroom had not been cleaned. At this point, we wanted to leave, but as it was now 12:30-1am, we could not get in touch with the front desk of other hotels to find other lodging. We had no choice but to stay.
The next day, we left as soon as we could find another hotel to stay with. I will say that management was nice enough to give us a ride to our new hotel in their hotel van... but even the van driver was grumpy and stood idly by while we (four girls) loaded our luggage in the trunk. We asked for a full refund of our stay, since we unwillingly stayed that one night... however, they were only willing to refund us the nights we did not stay.
To sum it up, I was extremely disappointed with the quality of the rooms and found the management to be very rude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of our hotel. The Holiday Inn Hotel Saratoga Springs is a full service hotel & conference center located in the historic downtown district of Saratoga Springs, a short walk to shopping, great restaurants & entertaining nightspots. We are close to all major attractions and within walking distance to the historic Saratoga Race Course and the Canfield Casino, Saratoga Spring's most popular wedding venue. Bookmakers Restaurant and Lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers American cuisine as well as light offerings. Breakfast buffets are available during the summer months, on Sundays & Holidays. Banquet and meeting accommodations are offered for groups of 10 to 800 people in 6 spacious rooms. The historic Congress Park adjoins to the hotel property... ask about a park side room. Our indoor pool and heated outdoor pool complex is a popular favorite for families and sunbathers. Keep fit in our 24-hour exercise facility. Free high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi is available in guest rooms, Bookmakers Restaurant, all meeting rooms and even the pool areas! Our 24-hour business service center is open for coping, faxing, internet use and all business needs! We offer free courtesy van service within 5 miles of the hotel to our convention center, area businesses & attractions and the Saratoga Amtrak/Bus Station. Enjoy seasonal dining on our Broadway patio complete with firepit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Holiday Inn