“Great extras!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great extras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Spent one night while attending a JDRF fundraiser. Expected a nice comfortable bed but received so much more. Outstanding desk people who took the time to tell us about free shuttle services, restaurants and hotel amenities. Quickly changed for event and ran down stairs to be met but the most wonderful, friendly shuttle driver. He gave us his card and said "call when your ready". When we called, he was quick to show. Took time to tell us Saratoga history and things to check out before we left. It was just a pleasure we hadn't planned. Slept great and woke up ready to explore all the super things he's told us about. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs more than once. We initially chose it because they allow pets and we have a little Yorkie. But, what a pleasant surprise to find out how very hospitable they were. The front desk and particularly the day Manager was so nice to deal with. In fact, we had a situation where we could not stay the required 2 night stay and the Manager understood completely and accomodated our needs. The rooms are nice and clean and the restaurant great! This location is perfect for all of SS and we would stay no place else with or without the Yorkie!

Room Tip: We always like the 1st floor because of the dog and facing front.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ava, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

HI was most accommodating for our conference attendees (50) of them. We did experience some trouble with the pool times but Lee from Food was wonderful at service recovery!! They also catered our special event at the military museum and did an outstanding job! Thank you to our event coordinator and our driver! Outstanding service, accommodations, food and meeting rooms! Thank you!! Julie Chrysler, President, NYSAVSA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Valatie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday INN with 2 of my other friends for a getaway in Saratoga. It was very nice and had nice modern updates. The front desk area had some free snacks to greet you. We had a some drinks in the bar which were great. The room was nice and clean. The hotel provided a shuttle and came and picked us up after we ate dinner. I stayed at the Hampton Inn the first time I stayed in Saratoga and was nice but I was pleasantly surprised with the Holiday inn. I would recommend this hotel and probably would stay here again. It was easy access and close to many of the shops and restaurants. It is a little further down the street from everything, but with the shuttle it is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend in Saratoga Springs June 21-23......it was made wonderful by the staff of the Holiday Inn on Broadway..........the front desk team, food & beverage staff, housekeeping, maintenance teams were all fantastic.......our room was great with easy access to our car.......

Next time I am in Saratoga Springs I know where I will be staying!!!!!

Geoff

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great.......easy access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff will be very happy to hear your kind words about your experience. Hope to see you soon!
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It started with an ridiculous booking rigmarole (calling the hotel, getting transferred to someone who didn't speak English well, never receiving a confirmation email, calling the people I think they transferred me to try to confirm my reservation - they didn't have a record of my reservation; calling the hotel directly - they didn't have a record of my reservation; calling other hotels in the area in case the booking agent misunderstood me; canceling my credit card, rebooking. Then, after all that, I got to the hotel and they had both reservations. I explained the ordeal and that I only needed one room; luckily I could cancel one because it was before 6 pm. But they were not friendly and never offered an apology.

it did not end there.

I am guessing the front desk person who helped me was annoyed at me for no good reason? We were put in a room right near the the maids laundry room/hang out room and exit. It was constantly bustling, and there was a mess of carts, vacuums, trash cans, and dirty mops right outside our room. Most of the maids were nice, but it was not relaxing to hear the noise and to be welcomed to our room by a full mop bucket. Our room should be made into another storage closet for the house keeping supplies. It was not acceptable. The hotel as not full. There is no good reason why someone should have been stuck in that room.

The door card reader took on average 8 times to read the card. During which time, we were crowding the hallway and holding up the house keeping people.

Aside from the dusty, cobwebby ceilings, the room was clean. However, it could use a makeover. Holes in the bathroom door, scratches, etc.

Breakfast not included (I knew this while booking - but am including this here for readers).

2 stars for location, being dog friendly, and for some nice house keeping people we met while living in the maid's corner.

Would NOT recommend, especially for the cost.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to address the problems that you encountered during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at 518-584-4550 Ext 281
Plattsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is not your typical Holiday Inn. It is upscale and very nicely decorated. The rooms are a nice size and are updated and modern. The bathrooms are updated also. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. It was very quiet which made for a great nights sleep....something I rarely get when staying in a hotel! We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Saratoga Springs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!