“why can't the dark curtains be closed?” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 31 hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“why can't the dark curtains be closed?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had an east window and the dark curtains in the room could not be closed resulting in a very early morning sun awakening. Not pleasant at all! Also, the pillows were WAY overstuffed and even the "soft" pillow had no give.

Room Tip: Get one without as east facing window if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for you feedback regarding our hotel. I am sorry that the room blackening curtains were not working for you. If by chance you have this problem again, may I suggest a call the front desk or housekeeping to have the problem fixed. The room darkening curtains should be in proper working order. Again, I apologize and hope that you will return to our hotel at some point.

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Brant Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This past summer, my husband and I moved to the Adirondack mountains. We need to stay in Saratoga Springs about 6 days per month and we always choose The Holiday Inn! We have two small dogs and Congress Park is out the back door....they love the park:) My husband and I can walk to town and have great dinners with friends! Bookmakers lounge and restaurant is cozy with really good food and free popcorn! I use the exercise room and it so clean and brand new! The staff is super nice and helpful.....especially holding the doors for me when I come and go with the leashed pups!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I don't know how I missed responding to your review. I am so glad that you enjoy your time staying with us. Pleas feel free to reach out to me for local specials and events going on in town. I will look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We came here very last minute from Westchester County to enjoy the snow storm away from our home town. We stayed in a 2 room king suite on the 4th floor. The suite was great - spacious, clean and comfortable. The king bed in the separate bedroom was very comfortable. There was a jetted tub and separate shower in the bathroom. The pull out couch in the living room was comfortable and made up with nice linens. There were plenty of extra bed pillows too.Both the hotel and food service staff were friendly and helpful. We had our dog with us which was no problem - the nearby park was great for dog walks in the snow. The second night we had our niece and nephews visit from nearby. We had a blast in the pool and sledding next door in the park. We also enjoyed the outdoor firepit. We ordered dinner each night from the downstairs restaurant and each time it was good. This is by far the nicest Holiday Inn that we have stayed in and will plan a visit again.

Room Tip: 4th fl corner suite offered great views of the snow falling & was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy that you chose our hotel and had such a wonderful time here. I will surely share your comments with our staff. I know they will be thrilled to hear about your stay with us.
Queens, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

First off i was in Saratoga for medical issues with my MOM i was a wreck. Linda ad the front desk knew how to calm us down. Thanks Linda! the rooms were great clean spacious. The next time I h ad to rebook because my mom had been released early she pluged me right back in at a better rate!!!! you know they say the room is the most important thing i say its the people first that get you in and take care of you that makes the room shine!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is feeling better. I am so happy that our staff member Linda was able to take care of you. I will share your kind comments with her. We would love to see you come back and stay with us under better circumstances. Happy Holidays to you and yours.
New Milford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I thought I was heading back to NJ, but I was trapped in Saratoga when my car refused to start. The car was towed and I walked to the Holiday Inn with my 3 kids, where we were treated like royalty. The reception staff, Sheri, Sandy and Linda in particular, were extremely gracious and accomodating. Room service was quick and the food was superb. The room was immaculate and extra blankets and pillows arrived before we even asked for them. I wound up staying 2 nights with no car, so the free shuttle service (on demand) became a necessity. I can't say enough about this place. My first stay was by accident, but the Holiday Inn is now my hotel of choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel and staff. I am sorry to hear about your car problems, but I am glad that we were able to help in some small way. I have already shared your very kind comments with the staff here and hope that you and your family can come stay with us again soon.
brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

So far this has been my favorite hotel to stay in while in Saratoga Springs. The hotel decor is nice and seems to have character as opposed to other places. The location is great and can't be beat. Loved having two double beds and free wi-fi. The only minor issues are that the bathroom is very small and the walls are super thin. One of my huge hotel room pet peeves is being able to hear people urinate in the adjoining room which was the case from our room.

Room Tip: I would choose a room far away from the elevator as guests can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We get many compliments about our location from travelers. Your feed back enables us to strive to be the best possible choice when coming to Saratoga Springs. I hope you get to return soon.
Plattsburgh, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here with friends for a bachelorette weekend in Saratoga Springs and have some very nice memories from this stay!

The hotel is close to the heart of Saratoga; a quick walk or drive to many shops and restaurants. Its location was the primary reason we picked this hotel, and I am glad we did.

We started our weekend with drinks at the hotel restaurant/bar, The Bookmaker, which was great fun! Out bartender was friendly and very helpful with suggestions of places to spend the evening.

The outdoor pool was not yet open, but the indoor pool was more than sufficient. And though the workout room was small, it had a treadmill and that is all I really need!

The staff was friendly at the front desk, as was the cleaning staff who was more than patient with a group of ladies in town for a bachelorette party.

Our breakfast at the Bookmaker was very yummy, though we all thought the woman waiting on us seemed rather impatient and not very happy to be working.

Nevertheless, we had a very nice time there, and I would recommend this hotel to others staying in Saratoga.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I am so glad that you and the girls enjoyed your stay at our hotel. There really are so many places within walking distance from the hotel and a great night life for a bachelorette party. I will share your comments with Diane and Ron as well as the rest of the staff. Thanks for choosing us.

Been to Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!