“a 5 star feel for a 3 star price!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester
“a 5 star feel for a 3 star price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place was modern and clean but with a flare of the history of the location. Staff went out of thier way to help make out stay fantastic. We ate at the hotel eatery which was fast and good and resonably priced. We traveled with our dog, and we were given a first floor room which was a huge help. The rooms we well appointed and set up to look nice and be very very functional, free wifi, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, all there for the budget minded traveler. The meeting rooms were nice and staff was always seeing to the needs of conference attendees. Even small nice touches like full size pads of paper and pens , and candy for every conference goer. You can go wrong with this choice.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the banquet areas may get a bit of overnoise from a rare noisey group.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your pooch did too! Hope you can make a trip back to see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bloomington, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed two nights. Staff was very nice and helpful. My room was clean which is always important to me. The lounge has a happy hour. I thought the popcorn was very tasty. Bartender is great. Hotel is close to the downtown area as well so it is convenient to many more restaurants and bars.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that I share your comments with our staff. Hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently used Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs for a veteran reunion. We chose it because of location convenience and friendliness of the staff. It was a wise choice; they did not disappoint. The hotel bent over backwards to ensure all our needs were met. We hosted a breakfast for the group and the food was excellent. We (as organizers) did not have one complaint about the hotel, and that's saying something when you consider a fairly large block of rooms. I know there have been some reviews mentioning room rates, and I really can't speak to what the rack rate is, but I do know they treated us very fairly. Perhaps the "high rates" were in high season, which for Saratoga Springs is the month of August when the flat track season is going on.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am so happy you all enjoyed your reunion at our hotel. Thanks for the great comments regarding our staff. We really appreciate hearing them. I hope you can return to our hotel soon.
Greenwood Lake, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Saratoga Springs Holiday Inn, while we were in town for a wedding. The central location of the hotel was definitely a plus - we parked the car, and walked everywhere. I loved the idea of the complimentary bikes - a balky knee on my part kept me from trying them out, alas. The room it self was pretty much standard Holiday Inn fare, for an older Holiday Inn. My wife and I had a room with a king sized bed, but both the bathroom and the closet were decidedly non-king size, but rather quite small. The bed was quite comfortable, and the room furniture was in good repair and clean. The elevator is showing its age, however, and was quite slow and stuffy.

We had breakfast at the restaurant on the day we left, and the prices were quite reasonable, the service prompt and attentive, and the outdoor firepit looked quite attractive for some other late night.

My only really major objection was the cost, with tax for one night's stay was over $200. I've stayed in newer, more spacious Holiday Inns, Crowne Plazas and Hotel Indigos (all the same corporate family) and paid much less. We were two weeks past the end of the racing season, by the way. For that kind of money, if we had done more research, I think we would have looked at the Victorian Inn across the street, which is stunning.

Room Tip: They seemed to be all pretty much the same - although there is a good deal of traffic, so avoiding t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I appreciate any and all comments you can give regarding our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the location and the breakfast, I hope you were able to use our courtesy shuttle.
While our rates are very competitive with the other hotels in Saratoga Springs for this time of year, I appreciate you letting us know. I hope you get to visit again soon.
Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

When we went to check in the guy at the counter was very "BLAH" but we figured thats just how he is, our room was very nice and clean and comfortable but I do think they overcharge.I don't know if its because of the location or the time frame but I think they could lower their rates a bit. We took a shuttle to the casino and the driver, "Santa" was awesome. Very friendly and talkative with us and very prompt, he could teach the guy at the front desk a thing or two..haha All in all it was pleasant enough I just feel its a bit too pricey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback enables us to strive for the best possible customer care and value for our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our courtesy shuttle. "Santa" is a valuable addition to our staff.
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn not knowing what to expect. When I go away on a vacation or even a little get away I like to stay in 4 star or better. Well, looking for 4 star or better in Saratgoa Springs was hard. I did try to book another hotel however couldn't get in as it was full. So as I looked we felt that this place would probably be best. Well it was. The rooms were very clean. It has a shuttle that takes you anywhere withing 5 miles back and forth and they have a restaurant which personally I wasn't crazy about the food but it is nice. At the Holiday Inn you are within walking distance to everything. We walked downtown (bars stay open until 4 many place have late night menus). We even rode complimentary bikes in the morning and found some real nice places to have breakfast (one place was the bread basket) and another place was the store at 5 points (good breakfast sandwiches)...Never having a vacation that wasn't on the beach we didn't know what to expect but it really was a great place. We caught a country concert at SPAC and we went to the horse races (my first ever) so fun! We even visited Lake George (which is about a half hour easy drive right up the road). I def want to visit Saratoga Spring again and my first place to stay will be at the Holiday Inn...and I must say Linda at the front dest was so patient and polite! Oh 1 more thing....there is an indoor pool AND an outdoor pool (both small) but they are nice and quiet and you can catch some sun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. This is the first year we did the complimentary bikes and we have had a wonderful reviews about them. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you in the near future.
Wakefield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

A group of us stayed the weekend there for the Travers Stakes. Nicest, Cleanest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Holiday was 100% full and the entire staff kept in immaculate. Very nice indoor and outdoor pools, very clean outside area, plenty of tables and chairs to lounge out on, and pool towels always stocked.....

Rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, and bathrooms plenty big to accomodate 12 guys for a bachelor party.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the opportunity to post your review of our hotel. I am so happy the you and the guys enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!