This Place is OK, but could be great. We visited family and decided to stay at this best western because their rates were extremely good considering it was Horse Racing season in Saratoga Springs. The hotel is fine with a nice pool and an adequate, complimentary breakfast. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly. There were a few missed opportunities regarding customer service that could have made our stay fantastic. The biggest was that the latch on our door did not lock. I'm not sure when this started, but we arrived on Wednesday and noticed it on Sunday morning as we were headed to church. We called the front desk and was told the maintenance man would not be there until Monday so we would have to wait or move to another room. Well, obviously we needed to move to another room, but we had to wait until other guests had checked out. We were fine with that, but it was inconvenient and we had missed church. I wasn't offered any kind of compensation and I didn'te request it because I wanted to see if it would be offered or discounted on the bill. It was not. In fact, Penny at the front desk told us that after we had moved they check the door and it did lock. That's kind of interesting because as we left later that day, I walked by the room and was able to open the door without a pass key. Hmmmmm. Then on Monday, we left for the day to visit with family. When we returned we noticed that the door to the new room was not closed because the deadbolt was extended. We can only assume that housekeeping had forgotten to return it and did not notice that the door remained open. We know we shut and locked the door because we had checked it due to the issues with the other room. I'll be sending the hotel an e-mail directly since I tried calling the front desk and no one picked up. However, with that said, the hotel is right next to Saratoga State Park which is fantastic and convenient to drive into Saratoga Springs which is wonderful. If the staff can up their customer service just a bit and pay a little more attention to detail, then this place would be the place to stay while visiting Saratoga Springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Park Inn is conveniently located minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs and offers easy access to Saratoga State Park. Hotel guests will also be close to Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Skidmore College and the Saratoga Historical National Park. This newly remodeled hotel offers spacious, stylish rooms equipped with all the amenities to make any stay enjoyable. Amenities include high-speed Internet, a fitness center, business center with copy and fax service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Park Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Best Western Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Best Western