I stayed at this hotel for one night with several friends to celebrate a friend's upcoming marriage. From the road, this hotel looks nice, but there are several issues.
First I'd like to say that everyone we met who worked there was very nice, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. But there is only so much an employee can do. The most grievous issues had to do with poor management.
When we arrived on a hot, Saturday afternoon in early June, we couldn't wait to jump into the pool. We booked this hotel specifically for the pool. However, we were told that the pool was closed but that it would open the next day. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
When we went to our rooms on the second floor, we realized as soon as we got off the elevator that there was no AC in the halls. According to my iphone, it was 91 degrees in the hallway. Our rooms were the same - oppressively hot. We blasted the AC, but it took hours to cool the rooms down. By then, it was evening. We had hoped to have cocktails and snacks by the pool before dinner, but all the tables and chairs were locked up behind the pool gates. We had to ask to have chairs brought out so we at least had a place to sit - and we ended up moving most of them ourselves.The next day came - check out day - and the pool was still closed. We were told again "maybe tomorrow" but we were checking out that day, so tomorrow never came for us.
There is a structure located next to the hotel where we think the manager must live. The entire canterlevered overhang was collapsing and being held up by 2x4s. Very attractive indeed.
The "breakfast" consisted of re-hydrated egg patties - yes, patties, stale muffins, unripe bananas, undrinkable coffee and some juices. There was a waffle iron, but it looked a bit well used. This is the 3rd time I was disappointed by a Best Western, and my last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Park Inn is conveniently located minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs and offers easy access to Saratoga State Park. Hotel guests will also be close to Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Skidmore College and the Saratoga Historical National Park. This newly remodeled hotel offers spacious, stylish rooms equipped with all the amenities to make any stay enjoyable. Amenities include high-speed Internet, a fitness center, business center with copy and fax service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Park Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Best Western Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Best Western