“Looks are Deceiving” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Trumansburg
“Looks are Deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with several friends to celebrate a friend's upcoming marriage. From the road, this hotel looks nice, but there are several issues.
First I'd like to say that everyone we met who worked there was very nice, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. But there is only so much an employee can do. The most grievous issues had to do with poor management.
When we arrived on a hot, Saturday afternoon in early June, we couldn't wait to jump into the pool. We booked this hotel specifically for the pool. However, we were told that the pool was closed but that it would open the next day. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
When we went to our rooms on the second floor, we realized as soon as we got off the elevator that there was no AC in the halls. According to my iphone, it was 91 degrees in the hallway. Our rooms were the same - oppressively hot. We blasted the AC, but it took hours to cool the rooms down. By then, it was evening. We had hoped to have cocktails and snacks by the pool before dinner, but all the tables and chairs were locked up behind the pool gates. We had to ask to have chairs brought out so we at least had a place to sit - and we ended up moving most of them ourselves.The next day came - check out day - and the pool was still closed. We were told again "maybe tomorrow" but we were checking out that day, so tomorrow never came for us.
There is a structure located next to the hotel where we think the manager must live. The entire canterlevered overhang was collapsing and being held up by 2x4s. Very attractive indeed.
The "breakfast" consisted of re-hydrated egg patties - yes, patties, stale muffins, unripe bananas, undrinkable coffee and some juices. There was a waffle iron, but it looked a bit well used. This is the 3rd time I was disappointed by a Best Western, and my last.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else - anywhere else - and closer to town.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
bwsaratoga, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
GREENWICH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My room was very clean the bed was very comfortable everything worked, the staff was friendly and helpful, Abbey was very fast in checking me out and helpful with breakfest. I would recommend staying at the Best Western over the Comfort Inn I have stayed now at both and will stay here again.

Todd

Room Tip: It's a little bit out of town but the Bar BQ joint next to the motel is very good for NY
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

Glenview, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Its a nice place for the money. Not fancy and a bit dated, but very accommodating for my business needs. The best part were the owners who are very wonderful hosts and people. Sometimes its something like that which makes you come back as that is invaluable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bwsaratoga, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Steven T,

Lagrangeville, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a girl's "shopping and spa" weekend get away. Hotel is conveniently located less than 3 miles from downtown (corner of Broadway and Caroline), right around the corner from Saratoga Spa State Park, and not far off Exit 13N.

Breakfast was as advertised with hot and cold items, and was adequate. This past weekend (Saturday and Sunday mornings), the offering was oatmeal in packages, cereals (with skim or 2% milk), yogurts, oranges and apples, apple and orange juices, wheat & white breads, english muffins, bagels, danishes, self-make waffle station, sausages and egg discs (as mentioned in other reviews). I found the egg disc good for making an egg muffin (without cheese). If they have sausage patties instead of the sausage links and some sort of cheese, then it would make a good breakfast egg sausage muffin sandwich. The coffee could be improved though since neither my friend nor I liked it.

Toiletries provided were hand/facial bar soap, bath bar soap and shampoo. Bring your own conditioner, body wash and lotion if you need them. It is not an issue if you forgotten to bring since Target and Walmart are just off Exit 15 on 87.

We had a double queen room facing the back which is wooded and very quiet. The room was dimly lit with limited lighting which was good for relaxing, but not so good if you need to work or read. I think the dimness affected the vacuuming of the maid since my friend found a few pieces of cheerios on the floor next to her bed, but otherwise the room seemed clean.

I like high pillows, but the pillows bothered my friend since she likes low pillows. It would be good if the 3 pillows provided per bed are different thickness/softness so one could pick and choose. I thought my bed was not comfortable but my friend thought hers was fine. So I guess mattresses and pillows are very subjective and the ones at this hotel might or might not suit you.

Overall it is good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Yung4fr,

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Got an adjoining room with some friends, one king, 2 Queens in the other. Both rooms were clean, nice little fridge with a microwave on top. The room with king bed had a love seat and coffee table which was nice for hanging out with our friends after we got home.

The breakfast was good, with waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, some danish etc. There, were some odd flat circular things that must have been powdered eggs and there was also sausage.

My ONLY COMPLAINTS - very poor, weak coffee in the breakfast area, the powdered egg disks and the PILLOWS were awful. They were too large and all 4 of us felt the same. We all woke with neck aches so bring your own if driving. Bed was comfy.

Other than that, very affordable for the area, nice place, clean, friendly service, basically all your needs met and just enough outside town that it is quieter. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
dear vthereandnow,

Brossard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just off the 87 and very short distance from the center of the town, this hotel provides nice spacious bedroom and bathroom. They referred us to a great place to eat a BBQ chicken...just across the street ... called PJ's Bar--B-QSA...great food and a DJ to accompany our supper. Check in and check out done very rapidly and efficently. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were on the lst floor and looked out onto a wooded area with parking space....since we got in at...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandinette,

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn? Share your experiences!