First, full disclosure: I am finicky about staying in a hotel or motel. It must be absolutely clean, quiet, and well-organized; the staff must be competent and courteous; it must be safe (hallways well lit at night; key cards that work with the first swipe; parking spaces close to the entry doors).
I have no complaints whatsoever about the Best Western Plus on South Broadway in Saratoga Springs. There was a bit of confusion about the rate I was charged (the desk clerk immediately informed me that I would receive the lower rate I was quoted, and for which I had a printed receipt via e-mail) because the hotel had to honor that rate.
My room was on the second floor. It was extremely quiet, clean, and well-appointed in terms of lights, toiletries, towels, and more. I was a little discombobulated that the queen beds were covered with sheets, not coverlets, so I wandered to the desk and asked; in a near split second a maid appeared to explain that, like the Hilton, this hotel now puts blankets between the sheets. Who knew? She offered to bring me an extra blanket, which I thought would be nice.
A comment about this sheet top practice: I think this is a good way to insure cleanliness. (I never liked bedspreads - who knows how clean they are?)
The breakfast buffet had a good assortment of items - I try to stay on a healthy diet when traveling, and so the yogurt, fruit, juice choices suited me well. The coffee was good; as another traveler getting a refill commented: "It actually tastes like coffee!"
I had work appointments in the city, but the 2 mile/5 minute drive was a breeze, even during the early morning "rush."
So about the cost...My total was $80 + change for one night. Other hotels in the city charge double that, no negotiating.
On the basis of my one experience, I would return to this hotel, and I would recommend it to others.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Park Hotel
- Best Western Park Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Best Western Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Park Inn is conveniently located minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs and offers easy access to Saratoga State Park. Hotel guests will also be close to Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Skidmore College and the Saratoga Historical National Park. This newly remodeled hotel offers spacious, stylish rooms equipped with all the amenities to make any stay enjoyable. Amenities include high-speed Internet, a fitness center, business center with copy and fax service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.