“Batcheller is THE PLACE to stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Batcheller Mansion Inn to your Saves list
Batcheller Mansion Inn
20 Circular Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Worldwide
“Batcheller is THE PLACE to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

We had a great time staying at this historic B&B. It is not too frilly, so we felt very comfortable. Beds were deluxe, rooms had some real antiques, not the typical reproduction stuff you find in most places. Staff is very welcoming and since this place is corporately run, they did not make you feel like you were imposing in their own home. Well worth the price, compared to many of the area hotels which are not a centrally located or outdated. I recommend skipping the free breakfast and enjoying a local diner or restaurant, instead.

• Liked — Beautiful Antiques, clean room, comfy bed and central location
  • Disliked — mediocre breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cruisingcoppertop
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at The Bacheller Mansion Inn looking for a break in the mist of the hectic holiday season. We found our stay throughly enjoyable and came home with a renewed romantic spark and joyful spirit!

We booked the DIamond Jim Brady room as part of the winter redux special the inn was having. As part of this package you stayed in one of the 2 deluxe rooms, were provided dinner at the Mouzon House( a local organic restaurant) and were given a basket of spa products in your room.

On arrival, we were greeted by the innkeeper who gave us a tour and orated the history of the mansion. What a beautiful place. You can just imagine eras past and I often found myself thinking about grand parties and what holidays past would have been like here. We were then shown to our room which was just as grand. My husband, who is an avid billards player was thrilled to see the regulation sized table in the spacious room. We were also treated to a bottle of Saratoga bubbly, king sized ( I think) 4 poster bed, fire place and large bathroom with 2 person jacuzzi. The spa basket was there, and instead of the expected hotel sized products, I was surprised to find a huge basket with full size products of lotions, bath salts, candles and even slippers.

After enjoying the inn for awhile, we drove over to the Mouzon House for dinner. We were given a certificate at the Inn to bring. The restaurant was quiet and elegant. We were told we could order anything off the menu up to $100.00 total, not including alcohol or gratuities . We enjoyed creamy chicken and squash soup, crab and seaweed salad and dinner of a ribeye steak for my husband and mixed grill(fillet mignon, veal chop and lamb chop) for me. All of the items were wonderfully seasoned. The wait staff was efficient and non intrusive. By the time desert came, we were so full it was hard to enjoy, but the experience was overall delightful.

Then it was back to the inn for more relaxation. We noticed cookies had been set out but needless to say, we did not indulge! We slept well that night and if I had to critic, my only complaint would be that the pillows were extremely hard, absolutely no give to them what-so-ever. That would be an easy fix, and if, or when ,I go back, I will bring my own.

In the morning we were treated to a fabulous breakfast in the well appointed dining room. Attention to detail is not overlooked here. The condiments were all individualized. The dinner wear is monogrammed and the tables graced the gorgeous linens. Very beautiful.

As we ended our stay, with the snow falling down, we were further delighted to find that the innkeeper had even cleaned off our car. We drove away knowing this would not be our last stay at the Batcheller Mansion.

• Liked — The historic charm and beauty
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

A recent stay here was quite nice. The room we had was large and airy. The house has amazing high ceilings and beautiful wood work all around. The people were very friendly and we would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Lovely room
  • Disliked — Breakfast could be better
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

We stayed at Batcheller Mansion Inn for 3 nights in mid-September in the Whitney room. The Inn is beautiful, tastefully decorated and immacuately clean. The king size bed had a great mattress and the room was spacious. The bathroom in this particular room is very small with only a shower. We viewed all of the other rooms and found the bathrooms larger (but with some of the bedrooms much smaller and most others with queen size beds). There are three price "levels" of room and ours was in the mid-level. The couch in the Whitney room was broke so not suitable for sitting and the traffic at night can be a bit disturbing as the street noise, especailly on the weekends, was a bit loud at times.

If staying again my first choice of room swould be the Katrina Trask room, which is more expensive then the room we stayed in but also has a king size bed with a very large bathroom and a large living space in the bedroom. Despite the small bathroom, I would probably still choose the Whitney room as my second choice as it has a king size bed and is good sized. There is one other room with a king size bed that has a pool table in it and a double jacuzzi bath which was great looking, if you like playing pool.

There was a hot breakfast on the weekends, served buffet style, which was very good. The weekday breakfast was a cold buffet. The coffee is good and there is a variety of juices, cereals, fruits, breads. The breaksfast service was good.

The staff were friendly. The service was responsive. Our toilet broke on a Sunday and my husband had to fix it with a paperclip (don't ask me exactly how that is done) until a plumber arrived on Monday. The light outside our room in the hall (which can be dark at night and requires a key in a key hole to open) burned out but was promptly replaced.

The location is great and is within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants and accross the street from the park.

Overall I found the Inn itself and its grounds to be of high quality with well trained staff. The staff was not overly "warm" but I sensed they were trying to not be too intrusive. We would stay here again. The Inn obviously is well cared for and is a labor of love.

• Liked — cleanliness, high quality accomodations
  • Disliked — a few repair issues needed
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We booked one of the last rooms available for Jazz Fest weekend this June. Not being a B&B fan, I was a tad apprehensive...until we pulled up to the place. As beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside, the Batcheller Mansion Inn was everything we wanted for our Jazz weekend. Within moments of arriving, we were escorted to a beautiful, spacious bedroom. The quarters were clean, well-appointed and the bed did not disappoint. The location on Circular Dr. made it easy to get to the town;s shops and eateries via a wonderful walk through the park, and of course, our trip to SPAC was just a few minutes from our door. A delicious breakfast in the dining room by the friendly and professional staff was just the right way to start each morning. I'd be hard pressed to beat the Batcheller on my next trip to Saratoga Springs!

• Liked — comfort - service - location
  • Disliked — cost - worth it for the two nights, but who doesn't love a deal?
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Wow! Wow! Wow! This was exactly what I envisioned for my BIg birthday. I did not want to stay in a hotel or motel. I knew that I wanted a Bed and Breakfast experience instead. Thanks to all of you who had previously written reviews about the Batcheller Mansion Inn. Without your reviews, I would not have booked here and I agree with all of you, it was superb.

Saratoga Springs is a charming and hospitable place; and being that we were there prior to the madness of the racing season, we were able to relax , get around with ease and thoroughly enjoy all of what this lovely town has to offer.

We went primarily to see two performances of the New York City Ballet at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, but once we had the tickets to the ballet, we had to find lodging. I decided that our lodging would be as important a factor in celebrating my birthday as the ballet performances, hence I am thrilled to have found this Inn.

This inn is spectacularly beautiful and unbelievably comfortable. We loved sitting in the library one evening, watching the 42 inch tv and then playing a game of scrabble (which we had brought with us). The rooms are beautifully decorated . We stayed in the Whitney room and it was perfect.

It rained while we were there so we did not get to relax on the beautiful outdoor porch, but that was all that we missed.

The dining room is completely inviting. Unfortunately we were there on 2 weekdays and therefore were not able to sample the hot, full breakfasts (which are served only on the weekend). On the weekdays a continental breakfast is served. It is simple but adequate, and the fresh sliced fruit; pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, and strawberies made up for it's simplicity.

The staff was friendly and helpful and as most of the other reviewers have mentioned, we can't forget the luscious chocolate chip cookies.

My husband and I enjoyed our stay so much and absolutely hope that we will get the chance to return to Saratoga Springs and the Batcheller Mansion Inn again in the future.

p.s. If you visit Saratoga Springs, and are a fan of dance, be sure to visit the National Museum of Dance.

Stayed July 2007
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

We just came back and I must say that our stay was quite simply amazing. The Mansion has many little features that make it unique, every square inch of the place makes you feel like High Society.

Our Innkeeper treated us like gold and our many questions about directions and activities were answered with much ease and perfect recommendations.

Its location is perfect and the breakfast is impeccable. Moreover, the cookies are the best part, everytime I came back to "our mansion" I took one. If your staying in Saratoga Springs, this is the place to book, make sure you do in advance as we got the last room available and booked 2 weeks in advance. Our room was very nice, with a large bathroom and everything was phenomenal! We can't wait to go back there.

• Liked — The common rooms
  • Disliked — No working telephone
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Batcheller Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!