This Hotel is certainly an older hotel, but the rooms are bigger then most newer hotels. Yes, the hotel could use some updating but that does not effect your stay or the cleanliness of the rooms. The beds are not pillowtop but certainly for the price the beds are adequate for the amount of time you plan to sleep. The fantastic location and the great hospitality we always receive from Carolyn, you cannot beat this hotel. My husband and I stay here once a month or so when he has business in the area and are always pleased with our stay and the price. The indoor pool is a plus (very clean and just the right temperature dependant upon the time of the year. They also have a quick start type breakfast with coffee, juice, fruit, danish bagels etc...it's not fancy, but it does the trick to get you started on your day. Please understand this is not a Marriott or Hilton, but I don't know of a Marriott or Hilton that is smack dab in the middle of Broadway with a price point of under $100.00 on the 4th of July Holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saratoga Downtowner is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, New York among wonderful shops, fine restaurants, and great nightlife. The property extends a friendly, personal, and relaxing atmosphere that only a family-owned and operated business can provide. The Downtowner's enclosed Atrium, complete with lovely plants, creates a comfortable social area that surrounds a heated swimming pool. For your summertime pleasure, the Atrium roof retracts to let the sun in! The Saratoga Downtowner takes great pride in providing clean, pleasant, and updated rooms, which have earned AAA approval for 35 years! Discover the convenience of being in the center of the city. Saratoga Downtowner's location and service set the property apart as the place to stay. Wake up and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast or help yourself to coffee or tea anytime. The Saratoga Downtowner is a bit of a throw-back, adding great character to the place. The word "kitchy" is often used by the wonderful guests. The majority of rooms have direct access to the courtyard and indoor swimming pool. All rooms feature individually controlled heating and cooling, a full bath, and expanded cable television. The Saratoga Downtowner is a completely smoke-free property. Complimentary wireless internet is also available throughout the building. The Downtowner offers accommodations for all seasons in Saratoga Springs, a small city rich in history. Throughout the year, the Downtowner offers great deals and special events your family and friends will enjoy! The Downtowner's friendly, caring owner-management will help you plan whatever you'd like to see and do. Experience Saratoga Springs, New York lodging at the Downtowner, and see why so many visitors prefer the Saratoga Downtowner to any nearby Saratoga Springs hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Saratoga Downtowner Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.