We were traveling to Saratoga to take care of business at the racetrack. We chose this hotel due to location & great off season rates. Front desk representative was very accommodating & friendly from the second we walked in. Check in was easy & we found the room was clean & met our basic needs for 2 night midweek stay.Inroom fridge was a nice touch.Indoor pool was not a draw for us, but it seemed to be well kept. Although the hotel seemed to have numerous guests, we did not have an issue with excessive noise. It was more like live and let live. I had no problem taking a nap in the afternoon after an early AM at the track. Some guests were workers from the construction site across the street & didn't spend much time at the hotel. Hotel management did have signs up about quiet time-they cannot be accountable for rude guests, they are everywhere you stay-it's part of travel life-but we experienced none here. The light breakfast was fresh and sufficient. Don't expect a 5star resort for this price and then you won't be disappointed. Our stay was very pleasant & we would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saratoga Downtowner is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, New York among wonderful shops, fine restaurants, and great nightlife. The property extends a friendly, personal, and relaxing atmosphere that only a family-owned and operated business can provide. The Downtowner's enclosed Atrium, complete with lovely plants, creates a comfortable social area that surrounds a heated swimming pool. For your summertime pleasure, the Atrium roof retracts to let the sun in! The Saratoga Downtowner takes great pride in providing clean, pleasant, and updated rooms, which have earned AAA approval for 35 years! Discover the convenience of being in the center of the city. Saratoga Downtowner's location and service set the property apart as the place to stay. Wake up and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast or help yourself to coffee or tea anytime. The Saratoga Downtowner is a bit of a throw-back, adding great character to the place. The word "kitchy" is often used by the wonderful guests. The majority of rooms have direct access to the courtyard and indoor swimming pool. All rooms feature individually controlled heating and cooling, a full bath, and expanded cable television. The Saratoga Downtowner is a completely smoke-free property. Complimentary wireless internet is also available throughout the building. The Downtowner offers accommodations for all seasons in Saratoga Springs, a small city rich in history. Throughout the year, the Downtowner offers great deals and special events your family and friends will enjoy! The Downtowner's friendly, caring owner-management will help you plan whatever you'd like to see and do. Experience Saratoga Springs, New York lodging at the Downtowner, and see why so many visitors prefer the Saratoga Downtowner to any nearby Saratoga Springs hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Saratoga Downtowner Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.