My wife and I stayed in the Saratoga Downtowner Motel April 30-May 2, 2013. We had read the reviews based on cost and location while ignoring numerous reviews about noise and the homeless who loiter around this Motel. In terms of the noise, the management of the Motel make efforts by placing various signs on doors and walls that "noise" must be curtailed by 10pm. Of course, those signs appear on an 8x11 page in 12 point font. Most patrons seem to ignore these signs. Furthermore, patron's inconsideration and bad behavior are paramount in this Motel. The acoustics of the inner building echoes and also amplifies conversations across the motel. Folks weren't yelling, but normal conversations are amplified. In addition, doors slam shut rather than closing quietly. In my 60 years, this is the worst Motel that I have frequented.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Downtowner Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saratoga Downtowner is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, New York among wonderful shops, fine restaurants, and great nightlife. The property extends a friendly, personal, and relaxing atmosphere that only a family-owned and operated business can provide. The Downtowner's enclosed Atrium, complete with lovely plants, creates a comfortable social area that surrounds a heated swimming pool. For your summertime pleasure, the Atrium roof retracts to let the sun in! The Saratoga Downtowner takes great pride in providing clean, pleasant, and updated rooms, which have earned AAA approval for 35 years! Discover the convenience of being in the center of the city. Saratoga Downtowner's location and service set the property apart as the place to stay. Wake up and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast or help yourself to coffee or tea anytime. The Saratoga Downtowner is a bit of a throw-back, adding great character to the place. The word "kitchy" is often used by the wonderful guests. The majority of rooms have direct access to the courtyard and indoor swimming pool. All rooms feature individually controlled heating and cooling, a full bath, and expanded cable television. The Saratoga Downtowner is a completely smoke-free property. Complimentary wireless internet is also available throughout the building. The Downtowner offers accommodations for all seasons in Saratoga Springs, a small city rich in history. Throughout the year, the Downtowner offers great deals and special events your family and friends will enjoy! The Downtowner's friendly, caring owner-management will help you plan whatever you'd like to see and do. Experience Saratoga Springs, New York lodging at the Downtowner, and see why so many visitors prefer the Saratoga Downtowner to any nearby Saratoga Springs hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Saratoga Downtowner Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.