“Once a charm, twice a pleasure!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Saratoga Downtowner Motel to your Saves list
Saratoga Downtowner Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   413 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
“Once a charm, twice a pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Saratoga Downtowner twice and each time was wonderful. You can't beat its location, walkable to everything important in town. The property has an indoor pool, very good and FREE WiFi and cable TV available. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. At the start of my last stay and upon checking in I discovered my room had no refrigerator but all I had to do was ask the young man at the reception desk and within 5 minutes he delivered a fridge to me. Any of the staff is glad to assist and my thanks to that young man Sunday afternoon who helped with the fridge and to Carolyn who always has a pleasant smile and attitude. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've stayed at the Downtowner many times and was always treated with a great staff and very clean rooms. Although I never used the pool (because I can,t swim), it Looks very clean and maintained, and because its indoors the weather outside doesn't play a factor in using it, which I see many guests do. The continental breakfast is fresh, as is the coffee, and a wide variety of teas. The only proble sometimes is the parking. The lot is small and the municipal lots used to fill up fast. Now they are being torn up. But the location being in the middle of town allows one to leave the car in the lot and walk just about everywhere in town or take a taxi, that aren't that expensive, not nearly as much as New York City.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I checked in early evening on a Thursday night. Get there early to get a parking spot right in front of the building. I think there is parking behind the motel in a free lot.

The lobby was small. The staff I met seemed nice. I was given my key and had to drag my bags up a steep staircase to the 2nd floor. My room faced the inside of a long narrow ... dare I say 'atrium' with a pool on the first floor. That was something I am not accustom to so thus the term Funky.

My room had an odd scent to it when I first opened the door. It wasn’t over powering or horrible but it was a strange smell.

The room was typical for that price motel. The window over looked into the atrium with the walkway going passed each room. You could feel the vibrations as people walked by the room.

I thought that I was not going to get much sleep because my room was between a gaggle of teenagers running back and forth. The noise echoes quite a bit.

I loved the location. I was able to walk right out of the building and hit some very cool spots. Downtown Saratoga Springs is realy fun.

I went to my room to do some work and call it a night. I was lucky that it was quiet and was able to sleep. I can see how easy it could become very loud there.

Breakfast was basically carbs and hot water beverages.

Stay for the price, location and weirdness.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool area can get loud.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Franconia, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have been to Saratoga many times. This is the first time that we have stayed downtown,however. The hotel was easy to locate, near to most things we could ever want to do. The hotel was clean and neat. The owners are working hard to update as they go along and they are doing a great job. Although the hotel is right downtown, it was very quiet there. The breakfast was very fresh- no stale donuts here. All of the help at the desk were helpful and pleasant. We were pleased to see the owner on premise and watching what was going on as well as being helpful to guests and staff alike. We have always stayed outside of town, but would definitely return here.

Room Tip: No elevator so either have light luggage or ask for a first floor room. All are good, but the front...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

The pros: Great location in downtown, easy walking to all the good restaurants and within a block of a ton of bars and pubs. Very nice staff, easy parking, nice looking indoor pool (though I didn't swim), and my room had both an interior entrance as well as a balcony entrance (with padlock). For one night, it was all I needed! The cons: a bit noisy b/c of the location, and the rooms and bathroom could use some serious updating: they could start with the old tube tvs! Also, no iron in the room . . . and for messy packers like me, that was a problem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Although located in downtown, very quiet. If you are looking for a small, friendly, and not expensive hotel, and you plan to stay for 1-5 days, this is great place to go. Rooms are very clean, there is indoor charming pool. I visited Saratoga 3 times in the last 3 years, and every time I stayed in Downtowner, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows with a view outside (there is a window with an inside view to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

spend 9day and nights in this hotel, great staff, very helpful nice room,very clean would stay again when in saratoga springs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Saratoga Downtowner Motel? Share your experiences!