“Happy stay with Surprises along every corner!” 5 of 5 stars

Saratoga Downtowner Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   413 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Ranked #13 of 31 hotels in Saratoga Springs
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Happy stay with Surprises along every corner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed two nights for the Saratoga Beer Week. We booked 2 weeks before arrival & got a great rate through the Beer Week promotions. The hotel is super dated but really well maintained (except for it being dated) and surprisingly clean for being so dated! I've been in much nicer hotels before that were not as clean as the downtowner. The pool was in the middle of the motel & all of the rooms look onto it. It was really cool! We missed out going swimming as we wanted to go at 11pm when it was closed. I imagine their insurance only allows them to open the pool certain hours? Anyway, didn't get to do swimming, but oh well. The staff was super nice & funny and laid back & helpful. We had everything we needed and the staff was very efficient on making sure we had what we needed. The place does have thin walls, and you can hear all of the drunken shenanigans going on out on the street, because it's right downtown which we loved. We didn't mind the loudness, as we were there for Beer Week, so that's cool. Both nights we stayed, there were really loud, drunk people in the halls & rooms into the wee hours of the night, but again, we were there for Beer Week, so it's ok. There doesn't seem to be a dull moment at the Downtowner, and the staff seems good at handling the drunken shenanigans when need be. I'm sure they are used to it as it is a partying town. There was one night that there was 3 scantly clad girls walking outside on the side walk & cops came up and something happened, and then the cop ran inside to the hotel and ran up the stairs. We don't know what happened, but it was funny. There were also other funny random incidences that made it fun. Yes, we would go back, but not with young kids during Beer Week.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Livonia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Downtowner with my 8 year-old and 5 year-old, and we couldn't have asked for a more convenient stay with a more friendly and accomodating staff! The location was perfect, allowing us to walk just about everywhere, and when little legs were ready for a break and a swim, it was incredibly convenient to do just that and then hop back out for more shopping, museum visits, sight-seeing and dining. We've decided to make this an annual trip and definitely plan on staying at the Downtowner again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I decidec at the last minute to visit my son at Skidmore College and to my delight I found the Downtowner where my room was clean, at a great downtown location and warm, helpful staff.
I look forward to going back.

SR

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've stayed at the Downtowner a few times, now and it is a good value. It's clean and it's in a great location. The amenities are basic, but the place feels well maintained. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. There is not enough parking, so be prepared to find parking elsewhere, but we've never had a problem finding a space close by. It was one of the worst showers I've ever experienced, but that was my only real complaint.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mechanicsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Needing to make a quick trip to Saratoga, I was looking for a clean, low rate place to stay in the downtown area. The Saratoga Downtowner was perfect. This is a well maintained motel style facility right in the heart of the city. The rooms, baths, and public areas are clean and offer all of the basic amenities expected for a comfortable stay. The front desk is manned 24 hours and the attendants on duty during my stay were very personable and enthusiastic when answering my questions and providing assistance. They have an informative website ... check it out. I would stay at the Saratoga Downtowner again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Voorheesville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We've stayed at the Downtowner every time we visit Saratoga. It's situated right in the heart of the city and a quick stroll to all our favorite spots. The owners are hospitable and make us feel right at home. They share our love of dogs as all in Saratoga do.

Thank you Mary Kay and staff!

Room Tip: We personally like the rooms facing Broadway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I used Hotwire for a one night stay in Saratoga Springs. I had never been to Saratoga Springs, so I didn't know what to expect. I was so pleasantly surprised by this place. It has a great location on the main street, right in the middle of the shops and restaurants. It is not a new, modern glitzy hotel, but it is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is terrific. I had what I thought was a problem with a lock and when I went to the front desk, someone came with me back to my room. Any question I had was immediately addressed - unlike many hotels I have stayed in, where you could wait forever for someone to help you. There is an indoor pool area with tables so you can bring in food and eat if you choose not to eat in a restaurant. There is a small continental breakfast with pastries, bagels, croissants and really good coffee. If I was staying for a few days, the only thing I wish they had was a small refrigerator in the room and maybe a microwave. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If outside noise bothers you, you might want to request a room that doesn't front the main stree...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Saratoga Downtowner Motel? Share your experiences!