“Great value and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Buffalo, New York
“Great value and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room was recently renovated, though not in the jewel tones I love in some of the other Marriott Residence Inns; however, the super friendly staff, freshly baked cookies, great breakfast buffet with plenty of healthy choices, and in-room gas fireplace made our stay just wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovate room as all of them have not yet been done.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband is here on business. Yes, I am writing this review from my hotel room, December 4, 2013. We will be here until mid December . . . . unfortunately.

My husband travels up to 80% of the time for business, so I know the difference between a nice hotel room and a not-so-nice hotel room.

We've had a couple of issues with plumbing and the staff (front desk and maintenance) responded and are very polite and competent. One thing we mentioned, that has been overlooked, is the fact that even housekeeping commented how "sad" our pillows are. My husband mentioned it to the front desk at the same time that he mentioned our plumbing problem and the pillow issue was ignored and just laughed off.

The bed, as one other guest mentioned, is waaaaaaaaaay too small for two people, so I too am sleeping on the couch. A filthy couch. Stains on both sides of the cushions. The cushions are also flat and the couch is not fit for sitting on. The roll-away inside the couch, however, is quite comfortable, but the bag of bedding left in the closet is filthy. There are long black hairs and short, coarse hairs on the blanket (ICK!). To remedy this, I am going to wash the blanket/sheets, myself, today. The contrast in color between the sheets in the bag o' bedding and the sheets on the bed is disgusting too. The sheets/pillowcases are noticeably gray.

The bathroom is in need of a facelift. The tub is chipped and the tile is cracked. The toilet would not stop running, but maintenance was quick to remedy the toilet problem. Thank you, maintenance!

The carpeting in the room looks grimy. I'm afraid to walk on it with my bare feet. Fortunately, I brought lots of socks and house slippers.

The kitchen floor has a spill on it that hasn't been cleaned and I don't assume it will be. Housekeeping (although they were very pleasant and friendly) were in and out of our room in five minutes. They threw out trash, replaced towels and made the bed. The dirty carpet was not vacuumed (not that it would help) and the floor was not mopped. They left no coffee and did not empty the coffee pot. My guess is that it's not part of their job duties since it IS a "Residence Inn."

Most Residence Inns are pretty stingy with paper towels (weird) and I have to yell at my husband to use Kleenex to blow his nose instead of toilet paper (what it's for anyway) because they are a little stingy with the toilet paper too. It wouldn't be an issue, but I am in the room almost all day.

Renovation is still going on in this hotel, but it has moved from the 4th floor to the second, indicating that they are done with the 4th floor. I wish they would renovate the rooms too instead of just the common areas. Our room is in very sad shape.

I wish I could give a better review because the staff members are really nice, but the room condition is disgusting and the staff's ability to help is limited.

I like to try to find good in all places I visit and make the best of my stay, but this hotel is less than adequate.

Room Tip: If you are able, get a larger room. If you are planning to sleep two people to a room, you WILL nee...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this hotel when deciding to split our drive from Buffalo to Vermont during the Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms were recently remodeled and were beautiful! I was impressed with the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds and even the pullout couch where my teenager slept. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, the hotel was quiet and clean everywhere. The breakfast was probably the best complimentary hotel breakfast we've ever had. The evening front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating and helped us to search for the best price for our room. Great place!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place is a little out of town and right next to the highway. The accommodations are very clean. The rooms are spacious and the kitchenette is well stocked with the kitchen wares you'll need for staying at home and cooking.

The breakfast was warm and plenty full.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've visited the Residence Inn multiple times during my frequent business trips to Saratoga Springs.
The rooms are big and clean and it's very convenient to have a kitchen ... even though I must admit I didn't prepare any food except the ( complimentary ) pop corns...

The breakfast is free of charge, you can make your own pancakes ( that's the only food I'd eat as I don't really like the rest ). Four times a week there are "social events" where complimentary food is served.... nothing to write home about, but sometimes it comes handy if you don't feel going downtown for grabbing your dinner .

The location is closer to the highway exit, which means you have to drive to go downtown ( or anywhere else ).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Residence Inn seems newer and is nice. It looks to be right alongside the main road right off the highway, but is actually on a parallel side street. When I stayed there was a ferocious amount of construction on the main road, and it took almost half an hour to get from the exit ramp to the hotel, even though I was in front of the hotel most of the time. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but it was a tough way to start. Plus, the construction started at 3 AM and I faced the highway so it was noisy... a temporary situation I know, but it made sleeping difficult

My suite was nice, and it was clean and quite comfortable. I was visiting Skidmore, which was just minutes away and the location was perfect for that. The rate was good. I missed the evening reception and thought that the breakfast was fair enough, especially for the rate I paid. I would stay again. Safe and clean.

Room Tip: Away from the main road and highway is surely quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having stayed here multiple times, this Residence Inn makes others pale by comparison. The staff is friendly, attentive, and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and valued. The general manager's office is always open, and he takes an active interest in each guest. The breakfasts and evening socials are presented nicely and offer a wide variety of options. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown and the Northway. The hotel is currently undergoing complete room renovations which will only add to its appeal..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Saratoga Springs? Share your experiences!