“Reasonably-priced Luxury--I'll be Back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roosevelt Inn & Suites

You added Roosevelt Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   South Broadway - Route 9 #2961, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Rochester, New York, United States
“Reasonably-priced Luxury--I'll be Back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was given a wonderful "courtesy upgrade" at an off-peak season rate. This suite would have been perfect for a longer stay than my 2 days. Plus there was sleeping and relaxing room for 2 or 3 additional people, including a second TV in a bedroom which could be separated by heavy curtains. I enjoyed my whirlpool bathtub, the top of the line amenities, my own balcony, LOTS of closet space, and was pleased to have Maxwell House coffee rather than the generic packets most hotels offer in-room. I want to come back again to use the spa and workout facilities I had to forego this time, only because I spent time instead to, from and at an ER and orthopedic surgeon's office after my grandson broke his wrist. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the room and common areas spotless. The quiet, rural location was also convenient to both downtown Saratoga , where I attended a concert, and my daughter's home about half an hour south.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your stay in April. I hope that your grandson is feeling better and his arm healed. I am glad that you liked your suite so much and hope that when you return to visit your family that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fairport, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel. Our suite was beautiful and spotless! The pool and hot tub were both clean and clear. I will be staying there again and highly recommend this hotel if you are travelling in this area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay. Glad that you had such a good time and hope you come back soon!
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel to get wayand relax. Clean, beautiful rooms. Easy location, right off the main road. The spa is convienient, clean and has a beautiful pool. They sell packages that will be to everyone's liking and budget. There is a resturant next door and a Stewart's mini mart.
It's just a five minute ride into Saratoga, There's golfing, parks, antique shops, music venues and tons of little shops to explore. Skidmore College is close by. There are also a few malls and shopping centers nearby. The racetrack is in Saratoga. Race season is very busy but the rest of the year is nice.

Room Tip: There are several to choose from. All of the rooms are nice. If you are in a group there is a great...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It is always nice to hear that guest enjoy their stay. I was glad to hear that you thought the location was great and that you found something’s in Saratoga that you liked doing. I hope that you will stay with us again when you return to the area.
Buffalo, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The inn is outdated but not unbearably so. It was fine. The bed was old and hard. It's positive is that it is outside of downtown Saratoga Springs. It's negative is that it is outside downtown Saratoga Springs.
There is an issue I had with this inn that my wife and I had once before in a hotel in Des Moines. It involves the so-called nonsmoking room. My advice when it comes to this amenity is CHECK OUT THE ROOM FIRST. Some inns, including the Roosevelt Inn and Suites, consider a room that hasn't been smoked in that day as a nonsmoking room. We walked into our room at the Roosevelt for the first time and the smell of smoke was immediate. We returned to the lobby and were told by the manager that the smell had to be coming from the people downstairs and it was wafting. Then we were given the excuse that it may have been the cleaning crew smoking in our room. The smell permeated everything in the room including the faux palm tree and the large painting on the wall of leopards stalking us. This was not the odor of a single smoker. The smell was decades in the making since back when smoking rooms were prevalent in hotels.
The odor was bad enough but the manager made it worse by giving us the stories. To her credit, she found us another room. A nonsmoking room is one that has never been smoked in.
We stayed. It was fine. I do not think we would stay there again if there any alternatives.

Room Tip: Make sure a nonsmoking room is one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I was unhappy to hear that you were not satisfied with the suite that you were first placed in. I can assure you that all suites in the hotel are non-smoking rooms but unfortunately all guests do not adhere to the policy. When we do find that it has been an issue housekeeping does everything they can to make the room as fresh as possible. I was glad to hear that we found you another room that was more suitable to you. I apologize for the inconvience of making you move but I hope that you will give us another chance when you return to the Saratoga area.
South Hero, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Roosevelt in October, 2013 and would highly recommend to others. We stayed in one of the executive suites and it was spacious and clean. The hotel staff was outstanding; accommodating, polite and friendly. Downtown was a quick cab ride away. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments about the employees at the Roosevelt. I always love hearing that our employees are friendly and able to make someone’s stay great. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
North Oxford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

In all the times I have looked for a room in a hotel this is the first hotel that I seen that replys to
your stay... that in it self takes guts..we come up to Saratoga Two or three times a year we just love it there..we have never stayed at the Roosevelt but willing to give it a try just on those bases..While there is always "room" for improvement maybe the annex should be taken down or remodeled just saying... I will check it out
Lena in Massachusetts..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your comment. I have been sitting here trying to figure out what to say to it so I am just going to say thank you!
STAMFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decided to spend a few days in Saratoga Springs and used Trip Advisor to find this hotel. It was a pleasant surprise -- we were warmly greeted, got a nice suite for a fair price. Located just a couple miles from the main downtown area, we found it to be quiet and more relaxing than trying to stay in town. You still have to travel for meals (they do offer you a free continental breakfast), but there's plenty of good dining places in the area. It also offers a pool, health club and sauna.

Room Tip: We had a king suite overlooking the lawn. Much quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to say something nice as it is always too often we only hear the bad things. I hope that the next time you are in the Saratoga area that you will stay with again.

Been to Roosevelt Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!