“good service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Buffalo, New York
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have been looking forwarded to going to hatties after the fried chicken bobby flay thown down. Our server Tim was awesome!!! The cucumber salad was equally awesome. But I didnt care for the coleslaw with cranberries in it. The fried chicken was pretty good, the batter was light and crispy not greasy. But a little salty. I would also consider updated their decor and old music.

Plus a little expensive

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albany, New York
“busy, popular & lively”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went here with one other person. We had mojitos, which were good! It was extra nice, because not all bars have mint on hand to make them. This place is very small, so there's not a lot of personal space. Fun "tchotchke" decor, with New Orleans vibe. The tables were full so we took a seat at t h e bar in the back to avoid a 25 min wait. There aren't many vegetables on this limited, LA menu; just collard greens & sweet potatoes as sides, and the biscuit & corn that come with certain entrees. The only vegetarian option was mac & cheese as an entree or app, and hush puppies as an app. I ordered both as apps & liked them, but wished i had something green with it. I know p eople go to Hattie's for the fried chicken & fish, which my dinner partner was i nterested in. I'd go again if i was in the mood for those menu items again. I did like the bar area because it was outdoors butcovered by a dark, velvety canopy, which i thought had a nice ambiance to it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Where do I start? There was nothing, I liked about this place. Was looking forward to some southern style cooking. First of all the jerk chicken was not at all appetizing. The flavor was off. I ate just a couple bites and that was enough. Very bad. The collard greens, worst ever. Not flavored with peppers or ham hocks...they were very sweet tasting and again unpalatable. The salad was served with a apple cider vinaigrette dressing. Really? All I could taste was sugar. Again did not eat. I also ordered a piece of their fried chicken. it was edible but very bland. My son said the ribs were decent.
Don't waste your time or money. I'm surprised they remain In business.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Westbury, New York
“Southern cooking up north in Saratoga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hattie's has been dishing up good southern style cookin" for a long time in Saratoga! The fried chicken is a must have, but you can get a piece to go with almost anything else on the menu. I was lucky to find Mac and cheese on the menu- it's a seasonal item, and done perfectly with a crispy topping that puts this dish over the top! Collard greens are nicely flavored, not bitter. Jambalaya was perfectly spiced, not too hot, not too mild. We ate, and ate- but that's the southern way- no one leaves the table hungry, or even less than stuffed because everything is soooo good.

Visited April 2013
Albany, New York
“Wowzie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My son and I went for dinner---wonderful! I had the fried chicken and he had the ribs. The biscuits and cornbread are out of this world...and the hushpuppies---!!! Our sides were also delicious, succotash--yes with lima beans, you can't find that anywhere now---and my son loved the collard greens...also my first time of trying them---great.
Great service also!