“Pleasant, but not impressive” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Campbell Hall, New York
“Pleasant, but not impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

This is a pleasant, older place right in the center of things on main street. Menu was not imaginative, food adequate but not anything that special. The night we were there it seemed that they'd hired an entire middle school class as the wait staff, which made for some humorous interaction as the youngsters tried their best. I'm sure that varies.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Albany, New York
“Teeny Tiny Wedding Reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015

We were looking for a restaurant to have a wedding reception with only 2 dozen guests. It was hard to find a place open on a Saturday afternoon, but someone recommended Lillian's and I called and spoke to Ray. He was very accomodating and helpful. We decided upon it sight unseen, and were very happy with our choice. We had a lovely private space and extremely helpful and attentive waitstaff. They could not have been more accomodating and the value was very good. I highly recommend.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“This Has Always Been A Favorite Of Mine in Saratoga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

Lillian's is such a classic. It's in a perfect location right on Broadway. The food is good and the service is above and beyond.
I particularly love the French onion soup. Also baked brie and shrimp cocktail. The Caesar is great. The lobster and the shrimp...
My brother just had a wedding reception upstairs. There was plenty of room and it feels like you could be there in 2015 or the 1920's. There is a large window on the entire west side of the wall. They had a dance floor and a changing/holding room. The staff was phenomenal. The food was excellent. Salmon and roast beef, salad, etc. It was also my father's birthday and they made sure to have the chocolate lava cake for him and they brought it out at the perfect time. Not always easy when there are already so many things going on with the wedding.
Lillian's holds many great memories for me. Each year, I used to give my mother and grandmother Mother's Day gift certificate for a nice lunch or dinner. My Grandmother has since passed, but I continue to send one to my mother.

Latham, New York
“Lillian's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

An excellent choice among the many fine eateries in this horse racing mecca. Fast, yet not rushed service, nice atmosphere, and most importantly, great menu selections. A little too dimly lit, and slightly pricey, but all in all, a pleasurable dining experience.

• Visited January 2015
Raymond M, Owner at Lillian's Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We can always turn the lights up a little brighter upon request. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our menu selections, and experience with us. We try to keep our prices comparable to the other restaurants in Saratoga, and with our dinner selections comes bread and salad before hand to make the prices of our dinners seem fair. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!
“Quiet dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

I decided to seek out a quiet setting while in town for business. I found Lillian's; a beautiful restaurant with ornate wood and candles on the table.
First of all, the service was impeccable and formal. My jacket was hung for me and was shown to my private table in the corner. I was presented a wine menu and chose an exquisite red Malbec from Argentina.
To follow up, I ordered a salad with croutons and ranch dressing. It was as good as one would expect.
Then came the entrée which was mouth-watering - grilled chicken breasts with a lemon/caper sauce and finished with rice pilaf and grilled zucchini.
Lastly, I thought I would behave and skip dessert. As I was retrieving my jacket, I spied the dessert menu in glass. I decided to relax in the fine bar area while I enjoyed a raspberry sauce drizzled over a rich cheese cake; compliments of the manager.
Though alone for the evening, I was made to feel like a king and will return. Thank you to all the staff!

Raymond M, Owner at Lillian's Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We appreciate your time in writting this review. It is important to us that everyone gets the same experience you had when they join us, and I will be sure to use your review as a motivation to all of our staff! All of our desserts are home made and I will admit that it is even hard for me to not take one home every night. I am happy you were able to enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant and bar, we look forward to seeing you again!