“Delicious food in the heart of Saratoga Springs” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maestro's at the Van Dam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Phila Street
Description: Great food, great hosptality, and a great new space. We feature a classic bar and lounge, beautiful dining room and an amazing raised terrace for outdoor dining right on Broadway. Everything we serve we make here. One of our new features are homemade sausages and burgers cooked over lump charcoal. Our mission is to "put the love on the plate". Our culinary team is the most talented and most passionate team in the area. Our service staff has the power to "just say yes" to all customer's needs and wishes. We also feature a great Chef's table that accomodates up to 14 people. A perfect setting for a celebration. We serve great food in a casual and fun atmosphere with no pretense and warm hospitality. Please understand absolutely no reservations are accepted on the outdoor terrace. Outdoor dining is on a first come first serve basis. Reservations made are for inside only.
Hong Kong, China
“Delicious food in the heart of Saratoga Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Maestro's at the Van Dam is a cut above most restaurants in Saratoga Springs.

Pleasant and attentive

I ordered the black bean burger with low expectations. It was the best I've had. The beans were mashed, with little filler, and the burger was spiced and flavourful. A pleasant surprise.

Casual but stately. The Van Dam is a Saratoga treasure.

Reasonable prices

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Sparta, New Jersey
“Dining on the Porch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Maestro's offers plenty of outdoor seating on their porch. They have several heat lamps that keep you warm even in chilly temperatures. The atmosphere is really nice as you are elevated above the sidewalk that passes below. The food is very good. I thought the seasonal Pumpkin Soup was very well prepared. The Mac and Cheese was creamy and quite tasty. The steak sandwich was filled with flavor as the cheese melted in very nicely with the peppers and onions and the steak was very tender and the bread very fresh. The Artesian Lettuce and Grilled Chicken Salad were also very good. At the end of the meal they brought out thin chocolate wafers topped with almonds and cranberries and they allow you to take a few off of a dish bowl they were sitting in. We had already ordered cookies as a dessert and probably would not have if we knew the chocolate was going to be offered. The only negative on my visit was the service. Our waitress was not very good and we were joking at our table that she might have been high. She was really having a hard time telling us what was available. Maybe it was just a bad day for her so I would still go back and I'd recommend Maestro's to everyone walking down Broadway in Saratoga Springs.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, NY
“One of the Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have never had a bad meal at Maestro's. For lunch I had "Our Chef's Maryland Crab Cake" - which the menu said was "the best you'll ever eat!" While not the best - it came very close. I also got the Lobster Roll which rivaled those I have had in Maine. A dinner I had there started with the Charcuterie Plate - which was excellent, followed by the Black and Blue Salad - superb! I forgot that they serve chocolate to every table at the end of the meal and inadvertently got dessert - oink! Whenever I go to Saratoga Springs, I always make it a point to eat at Maestro's - your should, too!

Visited August 2013
Escondido, California
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went on a Sunday night and ordered off the family menu--three course meal for $20. I thought it would be their cheapest meals with lower quality but all the food was very good and the service was outstanding. We had the veal shortribs, gnocci dinner and the chicken with dijon sauce. It was served with soup, bread and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Beautiful atmophere inside or outside. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ballston Lake
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

CIA Trained Chef, very good Menu choices, good bar and drink selection. friendly service and very very well cooked. There is an excellent seating area with heaters for a great people watching area right on broadway..

Visited October 2013