“Great little Italian restaurant with awesome patio” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caroline
Transit: Several bus stops nearby.
Kansas City, MO
“Great little Italian restaurant with awesome patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I had lunch at this restaurant while in Saratoga for a wedding. We just happened upon the restaurant while walking down the mainstreet. I'm shocked at some of the negative reviews of the restaurant, especially at some of the people knocking the authenticity of the food.

My husband and I spent our vacation last year in Italy so we have high expectations when it comes to Italian food, and this restaurant delivered. We ordered the antipasta platter and a margherita pizza. Both were well done. One reviewer complained about the quality of the pizza and his comment truly makes me doubt whether he's ever been to Italy. The dough consistency here is remniscent of Italy. If you are looking for a NY style pizza, this is not the place to go! The margherita pizza was not made exactly how one would make it in italy (no sauce, instead very thin slices of roma tomatoes) but the end result was still a VERY similar flavor.

The best part of the restaurant was the little patio. The weather was perfect and we were able to sit in a shaded patio and enjoy people watching. Service was a little slow but the restaurant was crowded even though we ate lunch around 2pm. All in all it was a very good little restaurant in Saratoga!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Good for a large group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were in the area for a graduation and needed room for 20 people. Wheat Fields fit the bill. But as far as service and food goes, it's OK. Our waiter didn't seem to have any sense of humor. He hardly even smiled. It was all tell me you drink order, what do you want to eat and let's get you "guys" out of here as fast as we can. We wouldn't go back on our own.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had lunch there last month and must say it was not very impressive. The service was slow and poor and the food was likewise, would not consider going back

Visited May 2014
Glacier National Park of Canada, Canada
“not an authentic meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I wanted a good pizza . I asked the server about it and he said it was a specialty . Well it was more of a large cookie . Wrong dough consistency , wrong toppings , nothing authentically italian . Sorry but it is way overpriced for what they serve . I will NEVER go there again. There are way better places in Saratoga

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York
“reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good meal and friendly service. I
My only complaint is it was very noisy. I was almost shouting to be heard.
Overall, I enjoyed the dinner and hope to return,

Visited May 2014