“Location is better than the food or selection” 3 of 5 stars

(518) 581-9000
Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 211 Restaurants in Saratoga Springs
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
“Location is better than the food or selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overpriced for the quality. Skip it and try Sushi Thai Garden for Thai. Last visit the menu shrunk so much I walked out without ordering.

Visited March 2013

Albany, New York
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is literally THE only place I will order Chinese food from in the capital district. I wish they delivered farther. Since they are located on Broadway I always like to stop in and grab some takeout when I am in the area. We usually wait anywhere from 10-20 minutes and that is okay with me because they clearly are making the food to order. I've never had a bad thing to say about this place. One side of their menu is Chinese the other side is Thai dishes. I haven't tried any Thai choices because I have never had Thai food before and I'm not sure if it'd be too spicy for me.

It is never half as greasy as most other Chinese takeout. We've tried their sesame chicken, beef & broccoli, chicken & broccoli, cashew chicken, shrimp lomein, and crab rangoons. All are delicious. These are top notch.

They also have it set up like a nicer restaurant (again, not like your typical take out place) so you could actually dine in there as well. I feel like we spend a little bit more here but again, for the quality and freshness, I do not mind.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Go-to Chinese restaurant in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Right on broadway, Char Koon provides a large menu of quality food, though I've had better Chinese. We usually pick up (parking can be tricky to do so) and I typically go with the Sesame Chicken combo which provides a ton of food for a really good price. If you decide to eat-in, the restaurnt is long and a bit narrow and dimly light but is quiet and relaxing. Food prep and service is pretty quick.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Was awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This place is fantastic! You can choose from a variety of both Thai and Chinese food at one restaurant and its all FRESH food!

Visited December 2011