“If you like dumps, you'll love this place” 1 of 5 stars

Saratoga Community Court Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   248 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Central New York
“If you like dumps, you'll love this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

My friend booked a room here for a night and I have no idea how they justify the $169/night. We had no hot water, there was garbage under the bed, the door handle to the bathroom was literally falling off, there were several sizeable cracks in the porcelian tiles in the bathroom and the decor of the room certainly was nothing that warranted this rate. The large window had a large single mini-blind with no other type of covering - very stark looking. If it weren't for the fact that there were no other rooms in this area we would have left. Here's the kicker of them all - the website had a AAA symbol on it when my friend booked it, so we figured it was at least a clean place to stay. I've been a member of AAA since 1990 and I contacted AAA to advise them of this, which is something I never had to do before. I just got my reply from AAA in a letter dated 8/25/06 - this property had been using the AAA symbol on the website without authorization and the AAA endorsement of this motel had been withdrawn!!! I checked the website and see that they have since taken off the AAA symbol.

This is an expensive resort area to stay in anyway, but I highly suggest to anyone to spend a few more dollars and go somewhere else.

• Liked — It was near a very nice park.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Spend a little more and go to a real motel.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

Stayed at the Community Court in downtown Saratoga Springs over 8/11 weekend. Can walk to the track, downtown resturants and bars.. Spent very little time in the hotel. Only to sleep. This is basic stuff, not where I'd bring my wife for a week but again, for a horse track weekend, can't beat location and price.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2004

I found the operators personable and very helpful. The room was good for a middle of the line motel. The facility is old but in good condition overall. There are cosmetic things but I definitely got my moneys worth.

Narragansett, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

We use to stay here every year but it's gotten worse the last few years. The rooms don't smell that nice, the toilet doesn't flush that great and the water takes 10 minutes to get hot!

We had friends stay a few rooms down from us and they had the same problems.

The staff is nice but the price is high for what your getting; we don't think we will be back next year. There are some nice motels near by we may check out next year, even though the price may be $50.00 or more per night.

It's nice to be near the race track, but things just don't seem to be improving with the Community Court. Just to be safe next year we will be looking for a new place, hopefully not too far from the race track.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2004

What was supposed to be a nice weekend away in Saratoga Springs started with the meeting with the most unpleasant front desk clerk I have ever encountered. Then came the room. The room was small, smelled of mold/mildew? the decor was less than plaseing to the eye, but if puke colored walls are your cup of tea, I would definitely recommand this place. Centrally located, I just wished that the motel lived up to the rest of beautiful image of Saratoga Springs.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

Horrible bed, small, dank, dreary, ugly room. The lady at the front desk was very mean. We did not even stay one night, we left in about five minutes and found another motel. Worst motel I have ever checked into. What a waste of an excellent location.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2002

When I walked into the room it reeked of cigarette smoke even though it was listed as a non-smoking room. There was a brawl in the room next to me with people swearing, breaking glass and on four occasions tried to push the door that adjoined my room and theirs. The walls were paper thin I really mean paper thin). People outside of my room and coincidently in front of the front desk were mot asked to move on. I left my room for the whole day and came back - the beds were not made - used towels stil there with no fresh towels. I called the front desk and I asked if beds were suppose to be made and they responded by saying "what is the matter"? - I told them the heds were not made and the towels were not replaced - they told be to come over to the office to bet some towels. For excitement I killed houseflies in the room. This facility was totally unacceptable and I found the staff to be very rude at night. Great way to run a place.

Been to Saratoga Community Court Motel? Share your experiences!