“Possibly the best B and B I've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springwater Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saratoga Springs
Springwater Bed & Breakfast
You added Springwater Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
94 George Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866   |
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Possibly the best B and B I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, I felt as if I were THE most important guest they have ever had stay there. Lynn and Leslie were always available and willing to answer any questions we had or just to chat. Clearly, they love their Inn, love what they are doing and love getting to know people. The Inn is a new construction, with all the charm of a Bed and Breakfast plus all of the modern amenities. I will stay nowhere else when visiting Saratoga again. Our breakfasts each morning were so so good!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, lovely and spacious
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brattleboro, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I couldn't say anything more than what was previously written the prior review.

This was an accidental but so wonderful find. We were doing a short two day trip away and this was just what was ordered. Our room was beautiful with quality but comfortable antiques. A gas fireplace in case it got chilly and a private balcony to sit and sip wine (and my husband to enjoy a cigar)

Located in a quiet residential neighborhood but just a short walk to town, it was the perfect location. And our hosts made us feel right at home, from offerings of a evening fire on the porch to special menu accommodations for my husband... it was perfect.

We left prominsing to come back and bring family and friends.

No matter your reason for going to Saratoga Springs, I can't recommend highly enough Springwater B & B and Lynn and Leslie.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I'm happy to be writing the first review for the Springwater Bed & Breakfast! This is a brand new place that has just been open a few months and so it doesn't have much of an online presence, so my girlfriend and I found it by word of mouth around Saratoga Springs - after looking at a few other places in town we decided on this one, and we are both still beaming about the time that we had. We are so glad we found this gem of a place, and I just had to write a review about my stay there.

Springwater is family owned and operated, and when we stayed there, it was like coming into that family for a few days. We were lucky enough to come at a time there were no other guests and had the whole place to ourselves. After 15 minutes, we were already on first name terms with Lynn and Leslie, the mother and daughter who look after the B&B. Two of the sweetest ladies I've ever met traveling. Lynn saw to everything on our stay, suggesting places to eat and things to see, and made us feel very cared for and valued.
Even when I had just casually mentioned my girlfriend likes horses, when I came back later from my room she had printed out some information on horse riding in the area! So sweet!

Saratoga is a great little town that I had never been to before, pretty quiet, but people are all so friendly and will always talk to you in shops and on the street. The B&B itself is a big mansion house just off a main road, not far from the center of town. If you have a car it's not trouble at all, but if you're on foot, it'll take 10 minutes to walk to where the shops and restaurants are, because it's in a residential neighborhood. I didn't mind that at all, because I'm from New York City and have almost never seen suburbs - so I wanted to be in a quiet area. The design of the place is in an older, classic style, but done using new materials, giving the place a well-crafted look that's unpretentious, yet very familiar and welcoming.

Each room at Springwater is unique in design, features, and even the name - we stayed in the Polaris Spring Room, and even though it was on the lower end of their price ranges, it was beautifully kept and spacious (bigger than our New York City apartment!). All the other rooms were open for us to see, and they were just as nice, each with its own distinctive style elements. Our room had a fluffy queen bed, deftly positioned so you can recline on the pillows and be looking straight at the fire place, or could also watch TV, and also have a view out the bay windows onto the porch, which we could sit on and sip tea in the morning. The bathroom was huge, had a tub with jets as well as a standing shower. The furniture in the room must have been hand picked, because everything had a personal, homely feel to it. I really appreciated the details everywhere - the aged, dark wood dressers made it feel like I was moving into an early 20th century mansion, not living out of my suitcase in a hotel. Yet there was an iHome clock radio I could plug my iPod into and wake up with the music I wake up to at home. If I had one complaint, though, it would be that I couldn't figure out how to use the control panel for the central air conditioning.

I couldn't possibly write about all the many nuances of our stay, but there are a few things that really stand out for practicality and a raised standard of quality. There was always filtered water available to us, and not in an office water cooler but in a nice water pitcher and glasses. A very simple thing, but small touches like these made me think of how this is something I'd like to have in my home. It was so nice having a fireplace right in our room. I think they also make their own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, which was provided. They lent us a wine opener and two glasses for the bottle of wine we brought - I didn't even get as much in Paris! Leslie brewed me a fresh cup of coffee just as I was asking for it. There's good tea available at all times for you, and I appreciated that because I've been known to enjoy a cup of Sencha in the middle of the night. But there are so many things that made us feel at home, not rushed to get out into the town like when you're staying at a hotel - we actually relaxed all morning and stayed past noon because we enjoying staying in their house, it's so inviting even beyond our room. I imagined if there were other travelers there, we would have all ended up staying in and talking in the living room in front of a fire.

And then there was breakfast! If this wasn't the best part of the bed and breakfast, I don't know what is. When I'd come downstairs in the morning, my girlfriend would still be sleeping, and Leslie would already have a fire going for us, and waiting to have breakfast prepared fresh for when we were both up. Everything was delicious, as fresh as can be and made with care. We had some lemon muffins that Leslie had baked herself, some fresh squeezed orange juice, baked oatmeal, eggs benedict, bacon and potatoes, topped off with herbs Leslie picked from her garden! Flawless!

During my entire stay at Springwater, there was never the faintest sense of anything that belonged to the hotel-going experiences of a past now gone; of pre-heated or packaged breakfast left out for me, of impersonal service, and cookie-cutter rooms. This was an entirely new experience, superior in every facet, that unfortunately I don't think I'll find anywhere else. Leslie and Lynn are a fine staff that made this stay a memorable one, where the accommodations were actually a central part of my entire vacation experience.The next time I go to Saratoga, I will without a doubt be staying at Springwater Bed & Breakfast, and I highly recommend you do the same!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Springwater Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!