“great place to spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon in January” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saratoga City Tavern

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Yorktown Heights, New York
“great place to spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon in January”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband noticed the sign outside the Tavern...42 Beers on Tap! We had been walking for hours and it was time for an afternoon beer.. Adam, one of the owners was behind the bar, he welcomed us, made us feel at home, shared information about Saratoga and suggested.beers to our flight of beers. I was very impressed with their drive to raise money for children's cancer, You could tell the commitment was there from Adam, his brothers and the bar. We also tried their pizza, it is a long, French roll type of pizza that was delicious! We had the hawaiian...Yum! We look forward to going back!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing food, amazing beer selection, great staff and management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been coming to Saratoga every year twice a year for 6 years now and every time I come to the Saratoga city Tavern my experience gets better and better l recently joined their mug club which is a great investment for someone who plans on returning , per my visit yesterday the door guys "Bob" and " Nick" were very polite despite the freezing cold weather, on the first floor they have 42 different draughts available, the wait staff seemed very busy but had brought my pizza and beer to me with a smile. All four floors that were open had a different vibe to them certainly something there for everyone , it's a must see!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Different on each level... Perfect for a night out. Management was very nice when we rented out a floor recently for a party... I was impressed! Bouncers are known to be a little obnoxious, but I have never personally had a problem...

Visited October 2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“executive decision from bartender”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice old building. Vast draft selection, medium/high price. Went to the bar (1st floor) Sunday eve; not too crowded. Had food and 2 beers. Went upstairs very briefly to the disgusting mens' room - no lock! - and the bartender was serving other people in my seat! When I caught his eye he asked if there was anything else he could do! Like what?! I've never been cut off in my life! You undertip in a situation like this.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Many types of beer, good pizza, live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Crowded but good. A number of floors. Skip the burgers, go for the pizza. Get there early and get a table.

Visited April 2012