“Cozy Bar Area...Seperate Dining Area Too!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Cozy Bar Area...Seperate Dining Area Too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited in January. The bar was packed and vibrant. A guitar player was in the bar and sounded great. Although there were pub like seats and booths around the bar...we decided to eat a more formal dinner in the quieter part of the restaurant. Good move as we could linger over a glass of wine and actually hear ourselves think.

We both started with salads. They were large and fresh and made as described in the menu. Worth the price. We then ordered the salmon dish ...which was large, flakey and deliciously seasoned. We also ordered the scallops. Simply scumptious!

Menu for main entrees was in the $20+ range. Nice food and nice place for a change of pace.

• Visited January 2013

Saratoga NY
“nice space, too much food, too fast to the table”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first visit, I have wanted to try this restaurant since it opened. The menu is heavy on burgers and steak, and to be fair, I do not eat meat. So I cannot comment on that. But they have plenty of fish and vegetarian options. The people I was with, and I ordered the $20 dollar 3 course special. It's an excellent deal. I got the house salad, which was huge, and was still eating it, when the waiter brought the main courses. He didn't bother to see if we were ready, and he just found space to plunk it down. The place was not crowded, so I do not know why we were being rushed. So I left the remainder of the salad, which was nice and fresh, and started on my main: Gnocchi with chicken sausage. The bowl was massive. Not what you would expect for gnocchi. It was tasty, but there was just too much of a good thing. My husband and I shared the leftovers for lunch the next day. Sometimes too much of a good thing is too much. But for big eaters, this is your palace! My rating would have been a bit better if the service was.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent New Restaurant in Saratoga: From Pub Food to Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This off Broadway location has decent parking (it was not track season). The atmosphere had beautiful stone arches, nice lighting, and comfortable elegance. I started the meal with a nice Davidson brown ale and my date and I shared fantastic Thai chicken wings which were meaty, crisp, and zesty. For dinner I had a great Cioppino (scallops, shrimp, clams, mussels in a savory saffron tomato broth over just the right amount of linguini). The seafood was very fresh tasting, sumptuous, and looked beautiful. The taste rivaled better places in San Francisco and Seattle (where this dish is popular). My date had large scallops, lightly seared and served with a light Limoncello sauce with creamy risotto. Our server was fun and attentive. I'm a local and will return. The prices are moderate ($26 for the Cioppino) but the portions and quality were truly superb.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clifton Park, New York
“A bit noises, but tasty food at a relatively low price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a short stay cation. We did ask to be seated in the bar, but even still there were some very loud people and the acoustics amplified the sound. If looking for a quiet dinner eat in the other room. I got the pick 3 special for $20. Huge and well prepared salad, tasty entree and a mini dessert. Well worth the money. Waitress was very pleasant, but a little unattentive. We had to wait awhile for cocktails at times overall, we will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clifton Park, New York
“Nice Noisy Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a very popular and trendy property. The food and service was good. Being in the heart of trendy Saratoga Springs helps. Again - does the very busy-ness of it offset it's atmosphere and relative value or is it simply a sign that it is successful? Recommended for all sorts of events. A nice place for your entertainment dollar.