“Felt like home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brunswick at Saratoga

You added The Brunswick at Saratoga to your Saves list
The Brunswick at Saratoga
1.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   143 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 (Formerly Brunswick Bed and Breakfast)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eastvale, California
“Felt like home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Thank you Kirk for your hospitality. I had a wonderful time at the B&B. I felt like I was at home. Your staff was the best and the people I met were fun to talk to. I was here from California for an extended stay visiting my daughter and my first grandchild. Your place was just perfect from the clean room to the fabulous breakfast every am. I miss you guys. Now back to reality. Oops forgot to mention the cutest dog ever Jessie.

Room Tip: I got to view all the rooms and any room in a great choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

"MicDelp" review covers most everything, especially as I was in the same room. BUT -- missing handles on window blinds; mini-fridge missing the bar that keeps bottles from falling out and a door on the freezer; the smallest TV on the smallest TV stand, that only plays videotapes;grudging provision of additional bottles of water (I drink a lot of tea); sagging bed; residents drinking and laughing on the adjacent front porch until 1 am (and only left because I finally asked them -- hello, are people really that clueless?); Kirk not very amenable to dietary requests; and, finally, not replying to an email asking if he had found something I lost. Housekeeping staff VERY nice, however. Price was right, but I wouldn't stay again. Felt like the hospitality was for show (and income). Also not creative about recommendations for things to do, other than the usual for that area. Bring your laptop/tablet!

Room Tip: Second floor would be much quieter. Has a good-sized fridge, glasses, sink, etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Everyone and everything in this B&B is so warm and inviting that I wished we had stayed longer than one night. The room we were in was more than we needed (additional room with a small kitchen and extra bed), but was extremely comfortable and private. Although we were on the street level and faced busy Union Avenue the noise level was negligible and we had no problems getting sleep in the very comfortable bed. Breakfast was terrific: mini strawberry muffins, eggs, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, and Kirk's very own delicious breakfast burritos. If you're here for the races the track is right across the street, and if you come for the casino it's a 3-minute drive. Plus you can walk to Broadway for the shops and restaurants. Highly recommend for comfort, friendly staff, food, and almost everything else I can think of. Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KIRKBBB, Owner at The Brunswick at Saratoga, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know when we make a guests stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next stay at The Brunswick.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Kirk is a great host. There is a great breakfast and it's in an ideal location. If you are looking for an expensive but fabulous bnb, this is where you should stay. We left a jacket and even before we were out of the area, we go at call and were able to go back and pick it up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KIRKBBB, Owner at The Brunswick at Saratoga, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks for your nice review. The main reason I ask guests to leave a mobile number when they make a reservation from The Brunswick website or by phone is if something is left behind. I can hopefully catch the guest before getting too far down the road. Of course, I would also gladly mail the item, in most cases, at no additional charge.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Saratoga Springs was our second stop on our road trip up-state for our honey moon. Everybody at The Brunswick made us feel extremely welcome and the room we were given was a pure delight: spacious, comfortable, warm, clean and with our own jacuzi! WE LOVED IT and hope to stay there again next time we're in the area. Breakfast was also to die for, home cooked and very generous!

Thank you all so much for everything!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing The Brunswick as part of your honeymoon celebration. I'm glad you were able to secure one of the "Spa" rooms. Preparing a full breakfast each morning is a treat for me, when guests can have such a great breakfast comment such as yours. Please remember, you don't have to wait until your anniversary to come visit us. We look forward to having you back any time.
Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I chose this inn as I was drawn to the description online, then was certain after talking with Kirk on the phone. I was traveling from Hawaii to attend my son's graduation from Navy nuclear power officer school. From the moment I stepped into the Brunswick inn, I felt like I was back at my childhood home and Kirk went above and beyond to make the entire experience fantastic. From the cozy Victorian suite to the gourmet breakfasts, I truly felt pampered. Besides guiding me to local places of interest for sightseeing and dining, Kirk was extremely professional and attentive to every detail as host. Despite the surprise snowstorm while there, the location was so central I walked everywhere--great way to acclimatize! When my stay was lengthened due to unforeseen changes, he did everything possible to make me feel "at home" and part of the Brunswick family. (even made great recommendations for jogging routes!) MAHALO (Hawaiian thank you) for everything, but most of all, your personal brand of excellence and generosity of spirit!

Room Tip: If staying for any period of time, choose the suite for convenience/kitchenette and extra space
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to know The Brunswick works for those who are in need of an extended stay. I'm safe to say, you are the guest with the most number on consecutive nights at The Brunswick. Congrats again to you and your family on your sons crowning achievement.
central ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I prefer going to a bed and breakfast and The Brunswick is one of the reasons why. We were a little late arriving and Mr. Nichols gave us a courtesy call to make sure everything was ok. A very pleasant atmosphere from the time you walk in til you leave. We had Room 3 upstairs with the balcony. The room was clean and cozy. If you are a light sleeper tho you will hear the road noise from the traffic going by. Mr. Nichols was very good about giving us directions to wherever we asked to go. And asking us if we enjoyed our venture out when we were back. The breakfast in my opinion was delicious. The banana nut mini muffins were so good. Plenty of choices for both my husband and I. And the ladies helping for breakfast were for attentive! We will be back.Thank you for making our 23rd anniversary that much nicer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KIRKBBB, Owner at The Brunswick at Saratoga, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for your responce on Trip Advisor. It is aways fun to know that guests stay at The Brunswick to celebrate a special occasion such as your anniversary and have fun. You know, the traffic hum you get in Room 3 is due to the number of windows and the door to access your private porch. Storm windows were added a few years back which did help some, and a storm door will soon be added to the porch door. I'm working on new interier window treatment as well. This will help. It should added that traffic dies down after 10pm or so. I look forward to your return.

Been to The Brunswick at Saratoga? Share your experiences!