Okay, so I was a bit worried having seen some recent negative reviews. What we got was an older, recently renovated room that was impeccably clean and comfortable with upscale luxury linens and towels, exceptionally attentive and helpful innkeepers- a lovely and peaceful Adirondack venue for a reasonable rate that was conveniently located to the much pricier Lake Placid area as well as the all the high peaks and Adirondack lake region has to offer.
Having read the negative rants we did pack our own blow drier and our fave pillows, Thanks you for that clue but we generally would do that anyway. If you asked, I am sure the innkeepers would have found an extra pillow! The owners have fairly recently acquired the inn and are gradually updating it from a run-of-the-mill motor inn to a lovely upscale retreat. The lobby is warm and inviting with local fresh-roasted coffee brewing and a woodstove to warm by. There are lots of quaint little Adirondack style decorative touches and inviting seating areas about the property, not to mention a variety of water craft at the ready for no extra charge. Yes, there is a marina and boat slips partially obstructing the lakeview but the remaining view is gorgeous and the owners have provided plenty of convenient and inviting access. If you focus on the negative you will find areas in need of some updating, fresh paint and decorating. No, it is not the Crown Plaza but you are not paying the premium price and Gauthier's gives you a lot for the money, in a convenient location. We found ourselves frequently returning to our little retreat to escape the hubbub and crowds of Lake Placed. We loved our stay and I would definely go back on any future trip to the Lake Placed/Saranac Lake area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in the 2011 New York Times and listed as part of New York State's Top 10 Greenest Destinations, Saranac Lake Inn features beautiful Adirondack lake views, waterfront and direct access to over 30 miles of connecting Adirondack lakes. An excellent launch point for Saranac Lake paddling and boating! Centrally located; 5 miles to Lake Placid, 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain and 30 minutes to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. Steps from your door enjoy multiple dining and shopping options. Best described by the New York Times as "an old school motel remodeled and retrofitted with comfy beds, fine amenities, and organic linens" our goal is for you to feel at home and comfortable all while reducing our footprint. We not only aim to provide exceptional quality services for our guests, but are committed to proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel