We had a horrible experience at this hotel and would not be inclined to return. The entire property is poorly maintained and in disrepair. The owner was rude and uncaring. For $165/night, we experienced NO hot water (the owner said it happens when everyone showers at once), problems with the water being noticeably tainted blue and then pink, unreliable temperature in the room, and outdated furnishings and carpet. We also noticed that within our group, the keys, which were the old style actual key, opened more than our own unit - you could use them to open other units within our group, clearly a screaming safety hazard. I've stayed at nicer camping cabins. We called in advance and were assured there were blow dryers in the room; none were available when we arrived. There is also a very limited number of microwaves available and no coffee makers in the rooms. The owner was unwilling to address any of our issues and treated them us as if we were unreasonable.
Outside of all this, the location is sub-optimal. There are no sidewalks, so walking to nearby restaurants was challenging amid winter weather. While the issue was not at all the money, the rate was ridiculous for the shabby accomodations.
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in the 2011 New York Times and listed as part of New York State's Top 10 Greenest Destinations, Saranac Lake Inn features beautiful Adirondack lake views, waterfront and direct access to over 30 miles of connecting Adirondack lakes. An excellent launch point for Saranac Lake paddling and boating! Centrally located; 5 miles to Lake Placid, 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain and 30 minutes to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. Steps from your door enjoy multiple dining and shopping options. Best described by the New York Times as "an old school motel remodeled and retrofitted with comfy beds, fine amenities, and organic linens" our goal is for you to feel at home and comfortable all while reducing our footprint. We not only aim to provide exceptional quality services for our guests, but are committed to proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.