I just returned from a 3-day ski trip at Whiteface Mountain with friends. I must say that before my trip I was a little nervous about my stay based on some of the recent reviews I had read, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. When we arrived, we had driven for 8 hours in brutal snow and it was very late. We saw a closed sign on the office door and were worried, but when we walked up to the office we saw notes posted on the door. The notes were so nice and said that our 2 rooms were all ready for us and open with the keys inside. They said we could stop by in the morning if we had any questions or needs.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, no dirt, bugs, or any other misfortunes read about in other reviews, and I am very particular about cleanliness. The shower was hot and had great water pressure and the beds/pillows were firm and comfortable. Only complaint about the rooms was that the heating system made loud noises when it turned on and off throughout the night, which interrupted sleep a little bit, but not too bad. Rooms had a beautiful view out the back porch and came with a mini fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. The only other complaint we had about our stay was that we were unable to access the Wi-Fi from our room, despite following the provided instructions. I also blew a fuse once while blow drying my hair, but the office staff helped us and immediately fixed the problem. Recommend using the outlet in the bathroom for using a blow dryer.
Overall, it was a great trip and only about a 30 minute drive to/from the mountain. There are restaurants, gas, breakfast places, grocery stores, and anything else you would need right on the main road that the hotel is on (you could even walk). The value also could not be beat, as Gauthier's offered a ski and stay package with lodging and lift tickets for less than the lift tickets alone at the mountain. Compliments to the kind staff and great accommodations, would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in the 2011 New York Times and listed as part of New York State's Top 10 Greenest Destinations, Saranac Lake Inn features beautiful Adirondack lake views, waterfront and direct access to over 30 miles of connecting Adirondack lakes. An excellent launch point for Saranac Lake paddling and boating! Centrally located; 5 miles to Lake Placid, 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain and 30 minutes to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. Steps from your door enjoy multiple dining and shopping options. Best described by the New York Times as "an old school motel remodeled and retrofitted with comfy beds, fine amenities, and organic linens" our goal is for you to feel at home and comfortable all while reducing our footprint. We not only aim to provide exceptional quality services for our guests, but are committed to proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.