We just had a boy's trip weekend to Cochran's Cabins. Like the first reviewer, we stayed in April too. The Cabin experience is quite a bit different than the B&B - which is what the pictures are taken from on tripadvisor.com. The B&B looks fairly new; the cabins are rustic - old and rustic, getting run down. When we arrived, we checked out all the cabins, and surmised that the one we ended up getting was the best of the group. It was reasonably clean, and very quiet - which was also nice. It's on Lake Kiawassa, which is home to many really nice Mansion-style cabins, and modest cabins also. In our cabin was a list of expectaitions for all guests. Essentially, tyou are the room service. The confirmaition letter from the owner was very pleasant "We ask that you leave the cabin as you found it." In the cabin itself however, there are instructions for checkout including sweeping, mopping and overall cleaning. Since it was a guy trip, we didn't mind the cleaning. Just the same, it was $150/night - all the rules were a little much. The cabins had a few blankets, but it's bring your own towels and sheets - something else we didn't expect. There IS a modern space heater that keeps the cabin warm - and, we were able to get an internet signal at Camp Adelle - really not anywhere else on the grounds - unless you stay in the B&B. Doug is the son of the owner - and he was nice in helping us get a boat+motor out on the lake. Something we didn't know is - that April - July 4th is "off season" - meaning, there's not a whole lot going on. This is the place to go if you want solitude - it is really in off a long road from Saranac Lake, totally secluded. Just light on the luxuries. The website has a few decent pics. Hopefully the cabins will get some upgrades - they really need it. A great option if you want to rough it a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiwassa Lake Bed and Breakfast is a waterfront, Adirondack B&B offering four oversized guest suites, each with a private bath. Some rooms offer a balcony overlooking the lake and one offers a fireplace. Although once you get here you'll feel like you're a million miles away, the property is just three miles from the Village of Saranac Lake and ten from the Olympic Village of Lake Placid. Amenities include free Wi-Fi, free parking, boats/kayaks/canoes for rent and gourmet gift baskets for a fee. Come visit us - you'll be glad you did! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast At Cochran`s Cabins Hotel Saranac Lake
- Kiwassa Lake Bed And Breakfast At Cochran`s Cabins