“Great little lunch stop” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Pizza
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Great little lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped here with the kids on the recommendation of a local friend. The portion sizes were much larger than I expected, making them a great value. The pizza was decent enough, although I think the kids liked it more than I did, as it was their first taste of "New York" style and they really seemed to appreciate the pastier type sauce. Toppings were fresh and plentiful. Owl's Nest definitely has a local feel; cozy yet clean, and the staff was friendly and quick. I would eat here again. If there's a downside, it's that I could have used a bathroom for the kids before resuming our outing (it's also possible I just didn't see one).

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Utica, New York, United States
“very good place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

there food is really good. I miss eating there. I recamend for every one to try there food while they r there. they have good pizza and subs and stuff please go there and try there food.

Visited May 2013
Malone, New York
“Great NY style pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Venue is small but the pizza is fabulous! Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and can no longer eat their pizza: - (

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saranac Lake, New York
“Yeah, no...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I work in the service industry and am well versed in customer service, cleanliness and quality. This place lacks all 3. I'm shocked, and yet not, at how many people say they 'love' this pizza. I'm not from the area and I've had truly fabulous pizza...thin crust, crispy, flavorful, non-acidy sauce. This ain't it. The dough has ZERO flavor, and is almost powdery in texture. The cheese they put on is hardly there. The sauce is like red acid. Tums were needed.

Cleanliness? I don't even want to start on that. The place is a hole; filthy. I wouldn't want to sit on the seats there.

Customer service and friendliness? Practically non-exisitant. The owner looks like he'd rather have his teeth drilled then give you an appreciative smile and a courteous 'how are you today?" It made me want to turn around and leave without the food I'd ordered, but that wouldn't have been right. (Not too mention the state of the place, FILTHY!) When you call, you get a gruff, 'put upon' voice; doesn't say anything cordial, no 'thank you', nothing friendly or enticing to think this is a place you'd want to spend your money in. In this economy, I would think people would be working hard to at least put out a quality product and be nice to keep the clientele they have.

The pizza, not the greatest, but it WAS fresh, but it was also cold when I got it. I've also worked in a pizza parlor and the pizza we gave was HOT and cheesy...was not either. I think the owner needs to take a different tac with the business. Something that would bring in 'sit-in' people, clean the place, and make a concerted effort with the food more. One reviewer said 'Paul was passionate about food'. I don't know the owner, so I cannot speak to this, but I would think, if there WAS a true passion for food there would be a want to make every effort to excel and make the palce as great as it could be. It just seems like it's skating by, doing the minimum. Sad really, since the locals seems to love it so.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ordered a jumbo size cheese pizza. Since the place is a dive we ordered it for take out. Definitely a place we will return to when on vacation next summer.

• Visited July 2012