“Nice bar, good food, best wings on the planet” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 18 things to do in Saranac Lake
Saranac Lake, New York
11 attraction reviews
“Nice bar, good food, best wings on the planet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Captain cooks is a great bar in saranac lake, the feel is bright and lively with plenty on the walls to look at, which I like In a bar. Drinks are reasonably priced and while it can take longer than it seems it should to get a drink sometimes, all of the bartenders are very friendly.

as a place that is primarily a bar and not a restaurant, they have absolutely awesome bar food. Their burgers are real, handmade burgers and they'll make it as rare as you want, a big selling point for me. They also make a mean Michigan sauce which is great on the regional hot dog of choice, the glazier.

But the real crowning achievement are their chicken wings by which I measure all other wings, I have yet to have a chicken wing as good as theirs, i don't know what their secret is but I want it. They come in mild, medium, hot, BBQ, teriyaki, honey BBQ, butter garlic, or maple gold. I usually get medium. Maple gold is wildly popular, but a little too sweet for me. I believe they also make their own blue cheese dressing which is chunky and delicious.

A nice bar with GREAT bar food, don't miss the wings!

1 review from our community