“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Second vist to La Puerta Azul with my spouse last week, and we enjoyed the excellent cusine. The white wine sangria was delicious while munning on fresh tortilla chips and a thick spicy salsa. Appetizer selections were tasty and presented with a flair. I enjoyed a bountiful serving of chicken fahitas that was mouth watering, while my wife chose the coffee rubbed filet. We shared a fried ice cream for dessert to top off the meal. I will be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pleasant Valley, New York
“Way Overpriced for food with NO taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I actually left angry from this place last night. $70 for food with no taste. TERRIBLE! We had three VERY SMALL entrees, one drink, three waters, and the bill was $70? A salad with chicken on it costs $15? I was actually shocked that i could not taste anything. The food was so bland and for the high prices i was pissed. Service was average. Atmosphere was corny.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our first time at this restaurant and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the meals served. We made reservations as it was New Years eve, and were greeted at the door and immediaely escorted to a comfortable table in one of the dining rooms. The menu offered a wide variety of cocktails, appetizers, and excellent entree choices. Our friendly and efficient server brought our meals promptly with great presentation, and they were delicious. Although it is located a bit our of the way, I will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2012
Hyde Park, New York, United States
“My Wife Knew All Along!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We enjoyed a marvelous dinner last evening at this wonderful spot. My wife had enjoyed a number of lunches there with friends and always had nothing but positive comments. After yesterday's meal I fully understand!
As we were a large group our seating choices were limited which meant that on a Friday evening we were a bit closer to the performing band than we might normally like as we wished to carry on conversation. The band, by the way, was very good, and on a different occasion would have been welcomed.
All in all, a very pleasant evening enhanced by the marvelous service!

• Visited December 2012
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Timing is Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've read the other reviews & was very surpised this lovely place didn't get higher marks. We've been there three times & always had the best seating, service & food. Maybe we just hit it right. I don't know know if it's under new ownership, but each time we went the chef/owner came to our table & was very gracious. Sure it can be busy & noisy but that's true anywhere that consistently serves above average food. The atmosphere is pleasant; I especially like the indoor waterfall; if your able to get seated nearby it softens the sound of other's conversations.

• Visited May 2012