“Disappointed again” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Disappointed again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We used to eat here frequently but were disappointed the last several times. We decided to give it another try only to be disappointed again. The waitress seemed disinterested. The tap beer was all head. Our burgers ordered medium came out well done and there was only a handful of fries on the plate after a long wait although the restaurant wasn't crowded.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Otisville, New York
“Irish pub - great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I went there for dinner on a Friday night. I had filet of sirloin and lobster tail and my husband had the stuffed pork chops. The food was excellent! My sirloin was served with mushrooms in a demi glace and the lobster tail was broiled on top. The sausage stuffing that the pork chops were stuffed with was delicious. The portions were generous! The restaurant has a bar on one side and the restaurant is on the other side. It is not fancy - most of the patrons were dressed in jeans. However, you can't beat the food! It is a place that I could take my kids to eat as well. Also, the alcohol is very fairly priced. I had a generous glass of wine for $5.00 and my husband had a glass of Harp beer for a little over $5.00. My husband had an Irish coffee and he said it was strong and delicious!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Basin, MT
“A great menu, excellent food,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my families first choice when I come to visit. The atmosphere is appealing, relaxed and friendly. The food is very good with a varied menu and reasonable price. A good family place and still comfortable for one. And the food is great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Great Food with Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We always enjoyed our visit here. However, we haven't been here in a almost a year and our last visit was a little disappointing. We visited last month on a Friday night. The menu was a little different and printed on a newspaper. I don't think these menus will last very long; they were already ripping. Anyway, I ordered a strip steak and my husband had the prime rib. My son ordered the stuffed shrimp and my daughter had a hamburger. I noticed they eliminated the fried shrimp and a few other inexpensive items on the menu. Anyway, I noticed the waitress, the staff was young, giving 2 other tables bread. However, she passed us by and we had to get her attention for bread. The restaurant was not crowed; it was actually empty. We received her appetizers and drinks. When we were served our food; the steak dishes were barely warm. We asked the waitress to take them back. She said she can give us a new dish or pour hot juice over the meat. I don't know why the food was not served hot to begin with. Anyway she returned with our food a few minutes later. We were not happy; they were served lukewarm again. My potatoes were not even warm and the steak was near cool. We ate it anyway. The service was not as good as we remember the last time we visited. There was no excuse considering they were not crowded. The waitress seemed more interested in counting her tip money at the table. We're not sure if we'll return anytime soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Highland Mills, NY
“Be prepared for changes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We always went on their specials night, because it included lobster and prime rib - something for everyone. Now, it seems the specials are one or the other. Makes it tricky in my family!

Visited November 2012