“Staff are Friendly, Hotel is Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
Toronto
“Staff are Friendly, Hotel is Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We have stayed at this property several times over the past few years, we have never written a review until today. This is a great little treat to stay at, the staff are very friendly, the customer service is oriented from Dale Carnegy and it shows in the service style with great accomplishments. The rooms are large, all have a good view of the Allegany valley, there is great air filtration with ceiling exhaust vents that keep the air clean and crisp. From the walk into the room, until you unpack, you will find the furnishings of the room very inviting.
This hotel insures that all guests are comfortable, you will never have a problem anywhere on the property as security insures your safety and comfort.
We wanted to have dinner at the Western Door, but they were closed the two days of our stay. We had dinner at the buffet, there is a good variety available and the food is above average for a buffet.
The pool area has a beautiful view of the valley, the pool itself is not large but more than relaxing, there are two hot tubs, one inside along side the pool, the second is outside and open year round for those that dare sit in the wintery outdoors (we have and it was much fun).
The casino floor area has a good variety of games to play, and compared to other casino's we have always found the gaming to be fair. For those who are less interested in a casino fair, there are many things to do in the area, from skiing, park museums (outdoor walking museum), shopping in both NY/PA state, so enjoy.
This property is less than 3 hours from Toronto and worth the drive, we will continue to visit this property going forward.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
cleveland oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Once again had a fabulous stay at Seneca Allegany. This time saw a great show by Kansas. As always the rooms were spotless. Special thanks to host John who saw to it my special needs for this specific trip were met. Though we couldn't use this time, the outdoor hot tub is fantastic. It really is a different experience being outside in a hot tub with a mound of snow right next to you. The facials at the spa are worth the trip alone. Be sure to plan enough time to take advantage of their steam room. Patria has a Sunday special for two, that could easily feed four, for a great price. Be sure to check it out. Best part of the casino is being comped Cosmos at the bar while playing video poker. The casino is fun but all the "extras" offered at the hotel is why we make the 3 hour trip there. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ravenna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I usually come to Seneca Allegany about every month. I have no problem with arriving early, the Hotel staff Always are ready to give me a room no matter what time I arrive. My drive time to the Casino is about 4 hours. And it is great to get into my room to relax. I always use the pool and the hot tub some time during my stay. I do not have any complaints about THE STAFF at the front, THE STAFF at the pool-spa areas, and I do LOVE the Buffet....YUM YUM. I would also like to give a special "Fantastic" job to the nice lady named Allie at the Buffet. She made my birthday VERY special with her dessert plate she made for me!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Kennedy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

This trip was very amazing. I was going for leisure, and I stayed in a side suit. We parked in the free parking area, but you can also get ballet parking. As soon as I entered, bright lights cough my eye. It was nice, decent, and clean. Entering the room I found an oversized bathroom, nice made bed, hot tub, clear windows, and much more. At the spa there was a very nice pool, hot tub indoors and out, exercise center, and many more spa opportunities. Over all it was a nice trip and it was a beautiful site.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Usually we get comp rooms at Niagara but for some reasons since we had never been to this casino we could only get a discounted rate. The facility was beautiful, the front desk was helpful and we have no complaints about the room itself. The most obvious thing was the lack of guests and people in the casino. Going to Niagara in December on the new machines you had to wait and you couldn't find a $5 blackjack table (which is my only complaint for them). The opposite was true here with every table having a seat and you could take you pick of machines. The machines were very tight as I mentioned to my wife I think the lack of people probably made the machines tighter! We were losing so we asked what was around to do and we were told about a flea market the next town over. We decided to do a massage and the masseuse was sick so no go there. We will just go back to Niagara next time...with them both being so close just head up there instead of Seneca Allegany

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Terrible place to stay. It was so heavy with cigarette smoke it made my eyes burn! The only escape was in our non-smoking room. Even the hall outside our room was very, very, stinky.
The front desk staff were not friendly or helpful. I paid a lot of money for the worst massage of my life, and although the manicurist was nice - I got fungus on my toe nails. So - she did not clean her instruments well. The Buffet was full of fatty and greasy food - awful! I will say that room service was great and we did get good food in our room.
All it all, it was a terrible stay - we won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

We just got back from our first visit to the Seneca Allegany casino and were pleasantly surprised at how lovely it is inside! It's small, yet very cozy and easy to maneuver around. The entire facility was spotless...Rooms were large, very nicely decorated and immaculate, with super comfortable mattresses and a very large tiled shower. Even a magnifying makeup mirror for those of us whose eye site isn't so great anymore! Food at the buffet AND the restaurants was excellent, much better than the Niagara Falls casino, and the staff was very pleasant! Their slots were great, all the old favorites, and not as many new video machines which I don't care for anyway. Those that claim a 97% pay back worked for me and then some! I LOVE this place, and will definitely go back again and again! Just a short, scenic drive from the Buffalo area, it's well worth the trip for a quick getaway or mini-vacation! Don't miss this one!

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!