“Good time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salamanca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Enjoyed the hotel and casino. Valet parking is free. Check in was easy, got an average view. Casino was kind to me. Enjoyed the buffet though quality seemed a little off for the evening. Overall had an excellent time and I will definitely be returning!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
New Florence,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My overall experience here was A++++++. This hotel was beautiful! The rooms were amazing, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. Both buffets(breakfast and dinner) we went to were delicious. The Casino was fun also, they had alot of slots I never played before. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was very nice. The buffet was mediocre. The casino was a complete disappointment. We should have believed all the reviews saying the slots were tight because they were the tightest of any casino we've ever been to. At one point, I got excited to win 20 free spins, out of which I didn't win 1 cent. Not only weren't we winning, but nobody else was either. We didn't expect to come out a head, but it would have been nice to win a few dollars to keep playing. We spent hundreds of dollars over the better part of the day. Left the next morning, stopped at Presque Isle Downs, walked up to 1 machine, put in $5 and won $120. Bottom line, if you're going for the hotel, it's awesome, if you're going to gamble, go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'd never heard of Seneca Allegany until I had to attend a trade show there. This place is fantastic! Every staff member I met was terrific. Every. staff. member. My room was as nice as any I've stayed in over the last 15 years of business travel and I've stayed at some very nice brand name hotels and resorts. The lunch I had at the 24 hour café was delicious. The food served at the trade show was outstanding. The entire facility was extraordinarily clean, almost spotless.

I'm not a gambler but I walked through the casino to check it out. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and I didn't smell a single wisp of smoke and there were plenty of smokers in there. I noticed that the smoke seemed to be sucked toward the ceiling so they must have a very good air filter system.

I wish this place was closer to Baltimore. The entertainment they had booked for the next several months included many big names like Jeff Foxworthy, Terry Fator, Frankie Valli, and a few country artists I recognized.

I'll stay here without thinking twice the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Eldred, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I completely enjoy myself every time I go to this Casino...It has a little bit of everything. We had a delicious dinner, gambled a little and then stayed all night in a luxurious room. I haven't stayed in a cleaner place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After spending a weekend here i have to say that this hotel and its amenities are equal to that it a 7-11 in an inner city. to say this hotel was more than a disappointment would be putting it lightly. My family and I decided to spend a few days at what we were told would be a luxury resort. what we found, was nothing more than a disappointment located in a beautiful area.for starters when we booked our room we were told nothing about the resort fee that we would have to pay per night. let all purchasers beware that you will be charged the $15 resort fee per night that is not advertised anywhere until check in. although our room was beautiful we soon found that when ordering room service there would be an upcharge for them to deliver mediocre and cold food up to my room. disappointing to say the least. as my wife and I are not very big gamblers, we found the casino floor to be on welcoming, disgustingly smokey, and lacking any sort of a friendly face or kind gesture from the staff. we decided to make our first and last nights dinner be at the Thunder Mountain buffet. unfortunately we had to walk across that disgusting smokey Casino to get to the buffet. after waiting in line for a short time, we were greeted in line by a cashier who I believe was named Heather. it took a few minutes for Heather to stop her personal conversation with the other cashiers to finally acknowledged that I was in line. once he finally acknowledged that I was there, she was nothing more than a robotic smile and did absolutely nothing to help ease our frustrations. we continued on and enter the buffet, and was waited on by a woman named Cassandra. Cassandra was snarky, rude and condescending throughout our entire meal. I had asked her multiple times for drink refills and extra napkins but it seemed that was just too much for her to walk the short distance to go get them for me. every request that I made was met with some type of offhand remark or her rolling her eyes. by the end of my meal I had asked to speak with the manager. a woman named Mary Lou or Mary Ann had finally come out to address my issues. from the moment that she set foot in my table, she had nothing more than a horrible attitude and it disrespectful demeanor. I felt like as I was voicing my opinion and my issues, she never took the time to actually listen but instead you could see her just thinking of what her response would be instead of listening to the issues that I had. food was cold service was awful and everyone that we had met throughout our dinner was a pathetic excuse for a restaurant employee. the manager failed to address any issues we had but instead got defensive and actually argued with us over the poor treatment that we had received throughout our dinner.because none of the food was up your standards nor was it up to property have picturesbecause none of the food was up your standards nor was it up to proper temperatures, we did ask the manager that was at our table if we could ever refunds so we could go eat at one of the other restaurants on the property. she demanded that we go up for another try and offered to get us personally in new plate.we obliged only to find out once again that the food was only suited to be given away at a homeless shelter. we once again ask the manager if we could speak with her and when she finally came over, we were once again felt like she was too busy to bothered by our issues. We ended up asking for a refund but were told since we had gotten a second plate, which we were all but forced to my Mary Lou or Mary Anna, that that was no longer an option. Disgusted, we finally decided that the servers
Back of attention and the excuse of a managers total disrespect was no longer worth our time and we would count this up as money lost. all the lesson learned we will never make the mistake anything down in their buffet again. even if the food does happen to improve, I'm sure the horrible service and the unbelievably disrespectful manager will still be there to ruin our meal. after leaving, we decided to go up to the Italian restaurant and try our luck there. we were pleasantly surprised by the incredible food we had. everything that we ordered was fantastic to say the least. I could not say enough great things about the Italian restaurant at this resort, although sadly, I cannot find anything good to say about the buffet at this resort. unless my wife and I come here to dine for some delicious Italian, I can assure you that I will not waste my time or money in this building ever again.

Room Tip: Go to the holiday inn down the street
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Marc P, Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good day, Derek E, and thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We work hard to provide a luxury, destination experience and we are sorry to hear that this trip did not deliver. Would you kindly contact us at info@senecaalleganycasino.com to discuss further? Sincere regards,
Michigan City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

rooms are very nice with good views ,same problem everywhere ask for non smoking room and of corse the idiots who smoke cant wait to go outside, so some floors smell of smoke but not like the casino where smokers can drive non smokers away,the store's in salamanica advertise cheap tobbacco ,but if you can bye the smokeiness really not bad place .buffet is average .btter to hit the resturants on second floor great food but a little pricey ,but pleanty and good service to make dining a good time,rv camper have to stay in back parking lot ,but during summer they will shuttle you back and forth ,over all really not a bad place for a weekend trip.

Room Tip: try for non smoking and hope you get one nobody has smoked in
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!