“Just wish they could switch Allegany with Niagara” 5 of 5 stars

Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
Toronto
“Just wish they could switch Allegany with Niagara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Seneca Allegany is a great place to get away once in awhile but it's in the middle of nowhere. It's a tough drive from Niagara Falls especially if you have to drive at night when the deer are roaming about. I prefer Allegany over Niagara. Better customer service, not as smokey and as a penny slot player I seem to have a bit more luck here than in Niagara with emphasis on the word "bit". If I owned a casino I would offer a minimum 95% payback on penny slots. My casino would be filled to capacity every night because of it. Word would spread. Allegany like all casinos offer between 87% and 90% penny payback. We can only hope that one day Casino owners and management will get it.

I continue to have two wishes that so far have fallen on deaf ears. 1) enlarge the casino no-smoking area and prohibit smoking in all common areas off the casino floor. 2) stop with the annoying and unnerving announcements about the most recent jackpot winner. We penny players know that 99% of those jackpot winners are playing dollar or higher limit slots or are playing 300-500 pennies per spin.

Still, if the Seneca Allegany Casino Resort was in Niagara Falls I would go there every week in place of the Seneca Niagara and Niagara Fallsview Resorts. Great restaurants, great rooms, great customer service, it's spotless and offers great comps.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

PRO: Beautiful hotel, great sized rooms, large bathroom, very updated decor, very clean, quiet nights sleep, firm mattress, great pillows, fair room rates for the room your getting

CONS: asked for non smoking room, were given a smoking room, didn't smell like smoke but ashtrays and matches were present, casino slots were tight, lots of machines but not a lot of variety, pricey snack and food establishments, no self serve "refreshment centers" and casino waitresses were scarce. Parking garage elevator doesn't serve hotel rooms.

FYI: If you have a Seneca Niagara players card, even though its linked you still need to register for Seneca Alleghany but you do not qualify for free play as a "new" member!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you, helpingtheeconomy, for choosing Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel, and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and exceeded your expectations of quality, amenities and cleanliness. We take great pride in our facility and we appreciate your positive feedback.
All the best!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have stayed here four times, and EVERY TIME we have issues at check in! Once they lost our reservation; they won't guaranteed a handicapped room (isn't that against the law?); and we are never able to get rooms next to each other. We book our rooms MONTHS ahead, yet we always have problems. The clerk told us "You have to request that when you make the reservation", but our "requests" go ignored. Also, the food at the Cafe goes downhill every time we eat there, and breakfast there is expensive. Next year we will stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi, Pauline53449. Thank you for your recent stay, though I am sorry to hear that your arrival needs were not available upon check in. We strive to to ensure your comfort and I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. Would you kindly contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist you further to ensure your many satisfied returns.
Kind regards,
rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have just returned from our overnight stay at the Seneca Allegany Casino. This is a great hotel with many great things going for it and very few opportunities. We booked our stay on the internet and ended up getting a good price with a promo code. We stayed on a Tuesday night into Wednesday so therefore it wasn't as crowded. Check-in was very easy and we stayed in a room on the 10th floor. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully decorated and the bathroom is fantastic!! The bathroom has a walk-in shower, huge vanity area and separate toilet area. The show pressure and temp of the water is great!! We did notice however that the mattresses on the beds are very very firm..... we would have liked a softer mattress. We ate at the buffet which was great (make sure you have a players card for 2.00 off per person) and the staff there very accommodating. The only opportunity I saw there was the fact they only had one type of bread (sort of a wheat roll) and there weren't any other choices accept for the cornbread. We really enjoyed the Idaho mashed potatoes. We walked through the indoor pool area which is nice and off from that is an outside deck with a Jacuzzi. At the right time of day the sun shines right on the Jacuzzi and its fantastic. I used the fitness room which I really enjoyed. It has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, bikes, weight bench, free weights, and a Life Fitness weight system. It is well equipped for a hotel. The only suggestion I have for that was possibly adding some mirrors on one side of the wall for weight training. Finally, we enjoyed the casino however in order to earn 1 point you have to have $170 worth of activity on your card. My friend went up to ask at the desk how to earn points and this is how she found out. One thing I didn't like was that if your a new player you get $10 free slot play, however if you have been to Seneca Niagara and belong there you don't get that. I would think they would appreciate the "return business" so to speak and want to drive the business. Overall though we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would probably stay again and if they had the right promotion we definitely would.

Room Tip: room 1016 has a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from two nights at the Seneca Allegany Casino and Hotel. This was our sixth time staying there. The rooms are spotless and big and the hotel staff I have dealt with are very nice. The bathrooms are all tiled and very large. Obviously, I like the casino there alot. I play table games and it is very easy to get a seat or spot anytime. I like going early in the morning to the craps table. I am the only one there and the dealers are great. The restaurants are uneven, sometimes very good and sometimes not so much. Patria, the Italian place, I think suffers from this more than the steak place, The Western Door, which is generally very good. Also, you should choose wisely at the Thunder Mt. Buffet since some of the offerings are great and some just so so. And, yes, some items are a bit pricey, particularly if you go for something other than a house wine. I think if you are used to the rude and fast paced play at Atlantic City (partucularly craps), Seneca will be a welcome change. And if you get tired of gaming, take a ride to Jamestown to see the Lucy museum or Lake Chatauqua

Room Tip: The rooms in the original part of the hotel are larger than in the later addition.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We love your FIRST CLASS review, freods! So happy to hear how much you enjoyed our luxuriously well-appointed accommodations and friendly table games. We aim for consistent, world-class service at every opportunity. Would you kindly contact me directly when you start planning lucky trip number 7 so that we are better prepared to dine you next visit?
Cheers!
youngstown,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was beautiful.....bathroom very large with an awesome shower and decorated beautiful....large tv...overlooking the mountains....much more than expected. King size bed very comfortable....lots of light.. Would surely return.

Smethport, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visit the casino approximately once a week..and have also spent the night at the hotel . I think everything is GREAT about the casino and the hotel..except for the fact that I honestly NEVER win anything. I would like to just win enough to be able to stay for a few hours and play! So...my only suggestion would be to maybe loosen up the machines a bit! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!