“first class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
USA
“first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from two nights at the Seneca Allegany Casino and Hotel. This was our sixth time staying there. The rooms are spotless and big and the hotel staff I have dealt with are very nice. The bathrooms are all tiled and very large. Obviously, I like the casino there alot. I play table games and it is very easy to get a seat or spot anytime. I like going early in the morning to the craps table. I am the only one there and the dealers are great. The restaurants are uneven, sometimes very good and sometimes not so much. Patria, the Italian place, I think suffers from this more than the steak place, The Western Door, which is generally very good. Also, you should choose wisely at the Thunder Mt. Buffet since some of the offerings are great and some just so so. And, yes, some items are a bit pricey, particularly if you go for something other than a house wine. I think if you are used to the rude and fast paced play at Atlantic City (partucularly craps), Seneca will be a welcome change. And if you get tired of gaming, take a ride to Jamestown to see the Lucy museum or Lake Chatauqua

Room Tip: The rooms in the original part of the hotel are larger than in the later addition.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We love your FIRST CLASS review, freods! So happy to hear how much you enjoyed our luxuriously well-appointed accommodations and friendly table games. We aim for consistent, world-class service at every opportunity. Would you kindly contact me directly when you start planning lucky trip number 7 so that we are better prepared to dine you next visit?
Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
youngstown,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was beautiful.....bathroom very large with an awesome shower and decorated beautiful....large tv...overlooking the mountains....much more than expected. King size bed very comfortable....lots of light.. Would surely return.

Smethport, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visit the casino approximately once a week..and have also spent the night at the hotel . I think everything is GREAT about the casino and the hotel..except for the fact that I honestly NEVER win anything. I would like to just win enough to be able to stay for a few hours and play! So...my only suggestion would be to maybe loosen up the machines a bit! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Middlefield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

my husband and I went up for anniversary one June11,2013 like we do every year..we booked our room in advance and was able to afford a suite instead of a regular room...it was amazing. Beautiful view. Nothing could have made the stay better...but another night!!
Cant wait to go back again. Will hopefully stay in the suites again. The staff was always super friendly from check in all the way to check out!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweet feedback, KRP1997! We're thrilled that you enjoyed a weekend in one of our deliciously appointed suites, and even happier to hear that our team delivered super-friendly service. We look forward to your many satisfied returns!
Best wishes,
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over the weekend and was pleasantly surprise even arriving later in the evening. Was greeted warmly and was taken care fast and quickly. Had received a room in the newest wing of the building that was just built within the past year! This is truely a 4 Diamond hotel like AAA says they are! Ate a quick meal at the Cafe that is open 24 hours a day. It was just a late night snack nothing big and it was satisfying. Played in the casino and its a great casino my only complaint would be that they got rid of the shoes for Blackjack and went to those continuous shuffle machines which gives the house an increase edge! Only normal blackjack table was a $25 table and the ones in the high limit room. They also got a few new table games, Blackjack switch, 4 card poker, and there was one more but I forget what it was. Had the breakfast buffet before we left, and normally I love there buffet. For Breakfast I did not think it was worth it. Very few selections to choice from.

Overall a great trip, did not come home richer, just a little poorer. Still have the best comps around this area for a casino!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, Have stayed in the old and new wings not a bad room in the building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Great review, fireyankee24! I'm delighted to share your kind words with our dedicated team of service professionals. We most certainly appreciate the opportunity to make your weekend getaway a relaxed and refined experience, with some exciting play as well!
All the best!
McMurray, PA USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a terrible time checking- in, I guess partly because of the TravelZoo deal we had for our stay . After spending a considerable amount of time, we finally got to our room which was in the
new addition and was very nice. Worst casino I've ever been in. The no smoking area was very
small and the worst machines. We had dinner at the Patricia Restaurant and it was OK. The
drinks were a very small pour. Had almost as bad a time checking- out as checking-in. Regular
ladies at reservations were very nice, but both the head girls that had to get involved were not
very knowledgeable about the TravelZoo deal. Chalk this one up as a no returner.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one in the new addition.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi, Carolyn027. Thank you for your stay and feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for an arrival experience that did not meet your expectations--or ours. It's our goal to make your stay a breeze and I'm sorry to hear that this stay didn't cut it. Would you kindly contact me directly so I may ensure that your next visit is one to rave about?
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The casino is very pretty and the rooms are very nice. The food at both restaurants we ate at was horrible and expensive. I would not have minded the expensive part if the food was good but it was horrible. Paying a lot for bad food and leaving hungry sucks. On the plus side it was easy to get on to a blackjack table and it was easy to get a drink from a waitress. I would go back I just would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi, Srfootballmom, and thank you for your recent stay. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction with all of our gaming, entertainment and restaurant options for years to come and your feedback is appreciated. Would you kindly contact me directly regarding your dining experience?
Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!