“Nice Room!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
East Amherst, New York
“Nice Room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel after skiing at Holiday Valley. I normally would stay right at Holiday, but this hotel was offering $55 a night... who can beat that!?!
I'm always a little concerned about staying at the casinos due to the high levels of smoke, but you couldn't smell anything up in the rooms which was a major plus.
The room (old corridor) was nicely furnished, two queen beds, huge bathroom, dressing area and plenty of storage. Beds were comfortable, but pillows were not. The bathroom was fantastic with huge sink area, walk-in shower, and separate toilet with pocket door. Very nicely laid out!
I could really only find two issues with this room: 1. The lighting was not very bright in the bathroom or dressing area, and 2. The heater/air conditioner was in the wall and when you had it turned on, it would blow on you while sleeping in the bed. Also, the heater in our room NEVER turned off and was quite loud so I had a tough time sleeping. Not an issue if you're sleeping in the other bed!

Overall, it was a nice experience and I would stay there again :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wiley1597

Jersey Shore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was passing through for business and decided to stay here since the room rates were comparable to the nearby hotel chains and I was very pleased. The rooms are huge with bathrooms to die for. The soaps and shampoo's were top notch. Ate at the cafe upstairs for both breakfast and dinner and was pleased both times. I've eaten at the steakhouse before and it was definitely one of the best steakhouses I've ever been to. Great selection of new slot machines on the casino floor and I absolutely love the decor of the building. Even had a great gift shop!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WaterfallsLover
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband is a skiier and I am the gambler! This hotel fits both our needs. We stayed 3 nights in February when the snow was great and the slots were hot! The new room addition is great with spacious, clean rooms and huge glass showers. The staff were very accomodating and we enjoyed dinners and breakfasts at the cafe and steak house. The pool is nice when not with many kids in it! The only negative is the heating system has a hum and the casino is at times too smokey. ( I wish they would pass a law like Canada's Fallsview where smoking is prohibited or get a better smoke filter system!) All in all we would definitely stay again. Comps also help to enjoy the stay even better!

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room and it has been that way every time we stayed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Howland,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been going to Seneca Allegany for a couple of years and we absolutely love it each time we go. My husband and I just returned from a Valentine's get-a-way and I usually take a couple of trips through the year with the girls for a ladies-only weekend. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from our home in Ohio but it is well worth the trip. I visit many casinos from Ohio, W Virginia, Pa and Seneca by far is my favorite. The staff is very friendly, of course you always have a couple that are not nice but I wont let a couple of bad apples apply to the majority. The comps are generous and I always stay for free there. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The Buffet is your run-of-the -mill average buffett but it is free for me so it's great. The Steakhouse is pricey but the food and service is fantastic and we feel that it is worth it . Wine and beer are free for me and my husband. I generally go to the Spa for a facial with Laura and she does a great job. I will admit that the casino is smoky. I have seen many complaints about the smoky smell and it is true. I smoke so I cant complain about that . The payout is about the same as anywhere else, sometimes you hit , sometimes you don't. I am going for the relaxation and the freebies so I take the amount of money that I plan on losing. if you don't gamble , there is not much to else to do , other than the pool and hot tub ( which I have never used) . The surrounding area doesn't offer much either in terms of activities, unless you ski, but again, I am going to gamble and relax. If you want something more , this might not be the spot for you. If you want a beautiful room, friendly staff and great freebies, then I suggest you make the trip to Seneca

Room Tip: I prefer the older rooms over the new rooms. The older rooms have a nice sitting area with a chair a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lauraM1964
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once again we spent a few days at Seneca Allegany, just as before we were very pleased. Everyone is very friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet. Would go bacl again and again! We also enjoyed the Buffet once again.

Room Tip: We've stayed on 3 different floors (3 visits) and never had a problem with anything, even the m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredonia, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,254 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having frequented this place since its incetion, I can honestly say it is a great hotel with some fine dining choices. The rooms are of excellent quality and the levators and staff are very efficient. For dining, I recommend Patria as an excellent restaurant. It is far and above its counter-part La Cascata in the falls. Staff is friendly and efficient and prices are an excellent value. Food is top quality and menu is extensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank craig f
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi, craig f, and thank you for your great feedback! Sounds like a great evening enjoying award-winning AAA Four Diamond service in this classy town! Tell me, how can we make your next stay all 5's?
Warm regards,
Marc Papaj
Brigden, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for skiing at nearby holiday valley. Rooms were very large and nicely decorated. Huge tiled shower with glass door. Staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful right from the moment we arrived. Italian restaurant Patria had excellent food. Pool and spa area have a nice view. Easy self-parking or use the valet which was free! Although it was 10 miles driving to get to the ski hill, we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salamanca
#1 of 2 in Allegany
4.5 of 5 stars 34 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!