“First class resort with a couple of minor complaints” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salamanca
Toronto
“First class resort with a couple of minor complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in the new tower this past weekend. We liked the new larger HD tv vs the older tower but the room temperature control unit in our room on the 10th floor had a mind of it's own. I couldn't read the digits or find any instructions on how to get the settings. Too hot, then too cold, then too much air blowing right to the bed. Couldn't sleep because of it.

Other than that this is an exceptional hotel with amazing customer service and terrific restaurant choices for all tastes and budgets.

Only other complaints is are in the casino. Instead of enlarging the non-smoking area they actually reduced the size of it. I would love to see them experiment by designating at least half the casino floor and all common areas as non-smoking. Smokers are already accustomed to restrictions and non-smokers are not used to sharing 2nd hand smoke with smokers. I feel for the employees. For those of you that sometimes complain about drink service I must have said no thanks to a server at least 30 times this weekend. I've been here a dozen times and never had a complaint about drink service or customer service in general which is outstanding.

Last annoyance is this new initiative to constantly announce jackpot winners over the amount of 1000 bucks. I find found it annoying and unnerving while trying to relax and play. I hope this is just temporary. It's more likely to keep us away than to encourage us to play more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Buyer beware! Hotel charges a $15 per person hidden fee that comes as a surprise at check out, since it is illegal to charge taxes on a Native American Reservation.
Very high prices on food, all items priced a la carte, except the buffet which is average.
A scruffy man revealed a pistol in his waistband, but despite casino policy, lazy security showed no concern when alerted to the fact saying that perhaps we "didn't see it correctly."
Lastly, we reserved a non-smoking room, but clothes and hair were saturated with smoke anytime we left the room, so we had to shower and change clothes often and generally felt dirty the whole time.
Needless to say, this was my first and LAST visit to Seneca Hotel and Casino.

Room Tip: READ the FINE PRINT so as not to be surprised by their hidden fees. Native American Reservations do...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Good day, Ohio_traveler_46. We strive to provide a quality experience to each and every guest and I'm disappointed to hear that your stay was not. Would you kindly contact me directly at your convenience?
Warm regards,
Marc Papaj
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel late on Feb 7th. Our room was 100 degrees F, the bellhop said he had never seen a room so hot. After a half hour a maintenance person fixed it.

We woke up at 5 am when it was 100 degrees F again, the heating system had again malfunctioned. So much for sleeping it had been progressively hot all night.

When I spoke to the front desk in the morning they didn't care. My impression is that the hotel is just a means to feed the casino, as long as they do that they don't really care about your stay. You're not there for enjoyment, you're there to feed the slots.

• Stayed February 2013
Niagara, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our default choice for a hotel for an impromptu guys ski weekend. The hotel had a reasonable rate ($120 a night) while other accommodations in and around Holiday Valley were several times more than that. Throw in a casino and a bar for a few hours entertainment, and we were set for the night. The rooms are surprisingly large and comfortable, with high def TV and a cold, empty fridge.

My only complaint, and the reason I cannot give 5/5, is their shortage of non-smoking guest rooms - and non-smoking areas overall. Apparently our arrival after dinner time meant we were "late" and there were only smoking rooms (and boy was it smoky). This despite a written request for non-smoking, at the time I gave them my credit card. This must be why they state "room types not guaranteed" on the reservation. Your request is merely a suggestion to be overlooked, but your credit card number gets charged no matter what.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Winburne,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to casino for my birthday weekend and had a great time. The hotel rooms are very nice, in fact some of the nicest I have saw in awhile. Very roomy and clean! Large bathrooms and really awesome showers. Very nice staff, which seems rare sometimes when you travel. I will be making this a tradition!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Happy Birthday, MaryJanetravles! Thank you for spending it with us and making Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel your celebration weekend getaway!
All the best,
Marc Papaj
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here over the first weekend of February. Had a lovely time. Had received a Comped room thanks to the players club. Figured the room would be in the old tower which is wonderful. Well to our surprise when we found our room it was in the new tower. The New rooms are just as wonderful as the old wing. Service was great. They have a shuttle that runs between the Casino/Hotel do to the Bingo Hall which is nice. Staff was wonderful always pleasant to deal with. Only small complaint is that the drink server are very hard to find while playing table games or even slots. They need to work on this area of the service. Other than that it was great weekend away. Would highly recommend this Casino Hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Was given a free room here being a frequent player at the Seneca Niagara Casino. I had never visited this property and was curious so I thought I'd take advantage of the offer and check it out. The physical appearance of the hotel and casino is very nice. The location is a bit remote but that just adds to the relaxation factor. I had a room in the new tower which was very nice, they were very similar to the rooms at the Seneca Niagara casino. All of the employees I encountered were also very pleasant and helpful. My disappointment was with the casino and buffet. Was planning on dinner at the bufet when we got there but due to the bad weather they closed at 4 pm so we had to eat at the casual restaurant. We did have the breakfast buffet in the morning and I was very disappointed with it. The selection was very limited, the bacon was so crisp I felt like I was eating cardboard. The waitress was very nice but that was the only thing I enjoyed about the meal. The casino itself has a good selection of machines but they are tight as can be,. I spend a lot of time in casinos, mostly Seneca Niagara and the Fallsview in Niagara Falls Canada so I am familiar with the typical payouts of slot machines. I went from machine to machine never hitting anything to speak of. I couldn't even sit for any period of time at one machine as every one of them just kept sucking the money. If they want people to come back they need to give a little bit, even if you just end up putting it back in you can feel like you played for a while. It's too bad because I would have considered returning there if my experience in the casino was better but with 5 casino properties less than 1/2 hour drive from my house why would I travel the 70 miles here and not enjoy my time in the casino. I'm glad to have been there once but can't say I will return. I also want to say that the beverage service in the casino was awful. All I wanted was a bottle of water and couldn't find a server for a very long period of time and when I did finally order it took forever for them to come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!