“Problem with room and management didn't seem to care” 2 of 5 stars

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
Toronto, Canada
“Problem with room and management didn't seem to care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel late on Feb 7th. Our room was 100 degrees F, the bellhop said he had never seen a room so hot. After a half hour a maintenance person fixed it.

We woke up at 5 am when it was 100 degrees F again, the heating system had again malfunctioned. So much for sleeping it had been progressively hot all night.

When I spoke to the front desk in the morning they didn't care. My impression is that the hotel is just a means to feed the casino, as long as they do that they don't really care about your stay. You're not there for enjoyment, you're there to feed the slots.

• Stayed February 2013

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Niagara, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our default choice for a hotel for an impromptu guys ski weekend. The hotel had a reasonable rate ($120 a night) while other accommodations in and around Holiday Valley were several times more than that. Throw in a casino and a bar for a few hours entertainment, and we were set for the night. The rooms are surprisingly large and comfortable, with high def TV and a cold, empty fridge.

My only complaint, and the reason I cannot give 5/5, is their shortage of non-smoking guest rooms - and non-smoking areas overall. Apparently our arrival after dinner time meant we were "late" and there were only smoking rooms (and boy was it smoky). This despite a written request for non-smoking, at the time I gave them my credit card. This must be why they state "room types not guaranteed" on the reservation. Your request is merely a suggestion to be overlooked, but your credit card number gets charged no matter what.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Winburne,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to casino for my birthday weekend and had a great time. The hotel rooms are very nice, in fact some of the nicest I have saw in awhile. Very roomy and clean! Large bathrooms and really awesome showers. Very nice staff, which seems rare sometimes when you travel. I will be making this a tradition!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Happy Birthday, MaryJanetravles! Thank you for spending it with us and making Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel your celebration weekend getaway!
All the best,
Marc Papaj
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here over the first weekend of February. Had a lovely time. Had received a Comped room thanks to the players club. Figured the room would be in the old tower which is wonderful. Well to our surprise when we found our room it was in the new tower. The New rooms are just as wonderful as the old wing. Service was great. They have a shuttle that runs between the Casino/Hotel do to the Bingo Hall which is nice. Staff was wonderful always pleasant to deal with. Only small complaint is that the drink server are very hard to find while playing table games or even slots. They need to work on this area of the service. Other than that it was great weekend away. Would highly recommend this Casino Hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Was given a free room here being a frequent player at the Seneca Niagara Casino. I had never visited this property and was curious so I thought I'd take advantage of the offer and check it out. The physical appearance of the hotel and casino is very nice. The location is a bit remote but that just adds to the relaxation factor. I had a room in the new tower which was very nice, they were very similar to the rooms at the Seneca Niagara casino. All of the employees I encountered were also very pleasant and helpful. My disappointment was with the casino and buffet. Was planning on dinner at the bufet when we got there but due to the bad weather they closed at 4 pm so we had to eat at the casual restaurant. We did have the breakfast buffet in the morning and I was very disappointed with it. The selection was very limited, the bacon was so crisp I felt like I was eating cardboard. The waitress was very nice but that was the only thing I enjoyed about the meal. The casino itself has a good selection of machines but they are tight as can be,. I spend a lot of time in casinos, mostly Seneca Niagara and the Fallsview in Niagara Falls Canada so I am familiar with the typical payouts of slot machines. I went from machine to machine never hitting anything to speak of. I couldn't even sit for any period of time at one machine as every one of them just kept sucking the money. If they want people to come back they need to give a little bit, even if you just end up putting it back in you can feel like you played for a while. It's too bad because I would have considered returning there if my experience in the casino was better but with 5 casino properties less than 1/2 hour drive from my house why would I travel the 70 miles here and not enjoy my time in the casino. I'm glad to have been there once but can't say I will return. I also want to say that the beverage service in the casino was awful. All I wanted was a bottle of water and couldn't find a server for a very long period of time and when I did finally order it took forever for them to come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a great place to just get away for a night of fun. The rooms are SO nice and very clean. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. All of the restaurants on site are delicious, although my personal favorite is the steakhouse. Expensive, but well worth it.

The Seneca Cafe makes the best french onion soup!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our second stay and didn't start out too well as the parking attendant at the entrance of the hotel would not allow us to park long enough to register.We told him we were going right back out and he said we had to go park in the garage or let him park it. We were the only car there at the time. Finally I just went in myself and told my husband to drive back through to pick me up!! It was then about 3 pm and our room was not ready, we were told to check back at 4, so we went to the buffet and told the cashier there how our stay was going to that point. He was wonderful -first indication that we might have a good time after all. Food was good. Room was ready at 4 - nice room (mattress and pillows too hard to our liking - but that's us). Then to the pool. No towels!! We were told to go to our room and get our room towels and then call housekeeping and have them bring towels to our room. Asked why they just didn't have towels delivered to the pool, she said "they won't do that"! So, that's what we did. Had a great time in the casino, great assortment of machines and had fun and even won on a few - that's what makes casinos fun. Over all most employees were friendly and accommodating, we enjoyed ourselves!!

Room Tip: I don't know if there are rooms that overlook the roof of the hotel lobby and the casino, but yo...