“Very nice looking property but casino not so great.” 4 of 5 stars

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
Tonawanda, New York
“Very nice looking property but casino not so great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Was given a free room here being a frequent player at the Seneca Niagara Casino. I had never visited this property and was curious so I thought I'd take advantage of the offer and check it out. The physical appearance of the hotel and casino is very nice. The location is a bit remote but that just adds to the relaxation factor. I had a room in the new tower which was very nice, they were very similar to the rooms at the Seneca Niagara casino. All of the employees I encountered were also very pleasant and helpful. My disappointment was with the casino and buffet. Was planning on dinner at the bufet when we got there but due to the bad weather they closed at 4 pm so we had to eat at the casual restaurant. We did have the breakfast buffet in the morning and I was very disappointed with it. The selection was very limited, the bacon was so crisp I felt like I was eating cardboard. The waitress was very nice but that was the only thing I enjoyed about the meal. The casino itself has a good selection of machines but they are tight as can be,. I spend a lot of time in casinos, mostly Seneca Niagara and the Fallsview in Niagara Falls Canada so I am familiar with the typical payouts of slot machines. I went from machine to machine never hitting anything to speak of. I couldn't even sit for any period of time at one machine as every one of them just kept sucking the money. If they want people to come back they need to give a little bit, even if you just end up putting it back in you can feel like you played for a while. It's too bad because I would have considered returning there if my experience in the casino was better but with 5 casino properties less than 1/2 hour drive from my house why would I travel the 70 miles here and not enjoy my time in the casino. I'm glad to have been there once but can't say I will return. I also want to say that the beverage service in the casino was awful. All I wanted was a bottle of water and couldn't find a server for a very long period of time and when I did finally order it took forever for them to come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a great place to just get away for a night of fun. The rooms are SO nice and very clean. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. All of the restaurants on site are delicious, although my personal favorite is the steakhouse. Expensive, but well worth it.

The Seneca Cafe makes the best french onion soup!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our second stay and didn't start out too well as the parking attendant at the entrance of the hotel would not allow us to park long enough to register.We told him we were going right back out and he said we had to go park in the garage or let him park it. We were the only car there at the time. Finally I just went in myself and told my husband to drive back through to pick me up!! It was then about 3 pm and our room was not ready, we were told to check back at 4, so we went to the buffet and told the cashier there how our stay was going to that point. He was wonderful -first indication that we might have a good time after all. Food was good. Room was ready at 4 - nice room (mattress and pillows too hard to our liking - but that's us). Then to the pool. No towels!! We were told to go to our room and get our room towels and then call housekeeping and have them bring towels to our room. Asked why they just didn't have towels delivered to the pool, she said "they won't do that"! So, that's what we did. Had a great time in the casino, great assortment of machines and had fun and even won on a few - that's what makes casinos fun. Over all most employees were friendly and accommodating, we enjoyed ourselves!!

Room Tip: I don't know if there are rooms that overlook the roof of the hotel lobby and the casino, but yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

when i want to relax, i go here with my husband or the girls. i just love this place. love the rooms , showers, machines. employees. best slot hosts ever. you have to set yourself up with a slot host right from the start and they will always take care of you, rather then going just thru the operator. i love the buffet. the price is very reasonable. i also have comped rooms at other casinos, and always choose this one. they comp the best for your play. if you ask a host and it's ;not on the wknd, you have a good chance of getting a suite, and they are awesome. they do not have alot going on outside of the casino, it is kinda isolated. but when i go to a casino i go to gamble not sight see. if you want that go to vegas. the only downside for some people is they do not have bathtubs only showers...if your cool with that then you'll love.it. one other thing that is good, is your comps don't expire in 6 months like alot of other casinos, altho i go there often now, at one time in the past i hadn't been there for 3 yrs, and my 195.00 comp dollars were still there......as you can see, many reasons i am sold on this place..... go and have a ball..!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in this Casino Hotel property last week and have nothing but great things to say about them! First of all great rooms! From the moment we walked into our room it was obvious they take good care of it! We had booked a special rate trough their web site and couldnt believe the room we got for the price we paid: The room had separete area where you come in that had make up seating area with mirrors and special make up mirror, lots of different counter space to put your belongings: great if you pack a lot and dont want to keep it on the floor ( We stayed only one night so we didnt pack much). Huge, beautiful bathroom with glass enclosed shower place and separete bathroom door that separetes toilet area from the rest of the bathroom - Fantastic design! My partner loved the shower so much that he literally found exuses to go take 3 showers while we were there, at one point he told me that he just wants to hang out in our room for the whole night. WOW. Luckily I persuaded him to go out and check out their restaurants, Gift Shop and Casino on site. We won at the roulette table on the first try - best part - we are not Gamblers- AT ALL. That was amazing. We will definately return as the place has a great Salamance state park to check out during summer time with great little camping and lodging areas and beautiful nature. Molly and Irina at the front desk were great and Irina was very pleasant to chat with!

Room Tip: A little tip for someone who is a light sleeper: Hotel has setrally run A/C/HEAT units that dont tur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
West Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Seneca Allegany Casino Hotel for the first time in January 2013. Got a great on-line rate for a Friday night of 55.10, can't beat that. We reserved a King size room and it was beautiful. Additionally, we asked for early check in and it was no problem. The room was big, clean and comfortable.

Ate at the cafe on the upper level; food and service was very good, but the smell of smoke from the casino, was a little bit of a nuisance!

All in all, nice place and had a good stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors 10 and 11 are newer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
rrogers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

WOW....what a place! We stayed here two different nights in December. The rooms are very clean, spacious and the beds were super comfortable. We decided to order room service for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised at how quick our food arrived. When the waitress brought it in, she asked if we would like her to set it up for us. I assumed she meant, take it off the cart and just place it on the table. She had a tablecloth, real silverware, a vase with a real flower in it and all the accessories we could need. It was very nice!

We also ate at the Steakhouse there. The food was amazing....expensive, but worth every penny!

I will definitely be staying here again!!

Room Tip: They will ask you if you want to stay in the "new" part or the older one. I stayed in a ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!