“Excellent Property but ...” 5 of 5 stars

Orbitz.com Hotels.com
Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Seneca Allegany Boulevard, Salamanca, NY 14779   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
“Excellent Property but ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

IMO this property continues to be excellent as to accommodations, facilities and dining. And now with the addition of 200 new rooms Seneca Allegeny has definitely become THE only place to stay in the Salamanca area. But - we have noticed over the last year a trend toward later and later check-in times. Recently we arrived early (Yes - I know the official check in time is 400PM) but we told no problem - check back at 1230PM (room not available - come back at 130PM (room not available - come back at 230PM (room not available) then at 300PM got checked-in. During our wait we were invited to check-out the new section - really nice but only smoking floors #3 & #5 are open at this time. In talking with staff - it may be that the later check-in times are a result of too few staff to do their room cleaning/turnovers in a timely manner. May be too many rooms for too few staff. We will be again staying at Seneca Allegany in November ... we'll see how that goes. Love Seneca Allegany - hope they are able to resolve their check-in issues soon. FJG

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
White Oak, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THAT I'M NOT HARD TO PLEASE...... For the first time, I recently went to Seneca Allegany Casino on an overnight bus trip. (This was mainly due to the fact that Seneca Niagara was booked solid for the months of September and October, 2012.) Our bus arrived late due to a mixup in communications but when we arrived, we were told that we couldn't check in until 4:00 PM. (At Seneca Niagara we can get into our rooms when we arrive at 12:30 PM.) I wanted to go swimming, but with such a late check-in, I was not able to do so. I did check out the pool, however, and it is nothing but a small square with one hot tub inside and one outside. (Not nearly as nice as Seneca Niagara.) The rooms were just as nice and immaculate as Seneca Niagara, however, the casino is very small. There are a lot of progressive machines though. While giving you a lot of play, there was never any substantial payouts for anyone. When I went to the buffet for dinner, I was met by the rudest person I ever met. Her name was "Hilary" and it was extremely evident that she didn't like her job. She was impatient and rude with a very sassy attitude. On our bus trip, we were given $50 back for gambling and $20 back for food. At "NO" time did our Bus Greeter, "Elizabeth", tell us that the $20 had to be split between two days. "Hilary" insisted that we were told that even though she wasn't on our bus. She slammed the coupon down in front of me and yelled at me to "Read the Back!" I told her to watch her attitude and she threatened to call Security on me. I told her to go ahead and then asked to see a Manager. The Manager, who was very nice, told me that she would handle "Hilary" and told me not to let one person ruin my dinner or stay at the casino. It was too late for that!!!!! The incident totally put a damper on my meal with my family and friends. I was never even offered a complimentary drink for the grief this woman caused me. I don't need this type of treatment when I go on vacation and "NO ONE" should have to put up with a staff that rude!!!! I also wrote a letter to the Hotel Manager about the incident. Needless to say, we will "NEVER" plan another bus trip there. We will go back to Seneca Niagara where it is "WONDERFUL!" Take my advice - don't waste your time here. Go to Seneca Niagara. It is so much better!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
buffalo, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is our 6th stay here and the first since the new tower opened. We had a room in the new tower which was clean, beautiful and spacious. Upon check-in we were very unpleasantly greeted by Molly - who was probably the rudest employee I have encountered. We arrived at 4:30 to be told no rooms are ready, we could leave our luggage with the bell staff and come back later. I had my 2 teenage children with me and asked what we should do while waiting and that we had 5:30 dinner reservations. Ahhhh... a room magically opened in the new tower. She was incredible unpleasant and really put a damper on our excitement to be away for the weekend. Check out was not much better.. at Seneca Niagara I always get the chairmans 2pm late check out and could not even get a 12 noon check out. Was told they are sold out and need everyone out at 11 am. So unprofessional and unfriendly. While the hotel, restaurants and stores are all very nice - I really am surprised they have such rude employees at check-in as it is your first impression of the hotel and does not start you on a pleasant note.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new tower as they are just starting to open them..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Perry, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have always enjoyed my stays at Seneca Allegany as have my parents, who usually get the rooms for my son and I. My mother booked our room for my birthday a month in advance. When we arrived at 5:00pm (check-in is at 4) she ask them for an upgrade they said they had no comp room upgrades available but for $100.00 extra we could have an upgrade. but the room would not be ready for at least an half hour. She seemed to be almost irritated that we were there. So we went to have dinner at the buffet which was excellent and the service was great also. After dinner we went back to the front desk and a new receptionist was there and checked us in and she also was very rude and also acted irritated with us. The next day we had breakfast at the cafe, which was also great. We were late getting back to our room (1015 am) and check out was at 11:00 am, my mother called down to the front desk and asked if we could have a bit of a extention and leave at 12 noon, they said absolutely not they were fully booked. She was also very rude. This may not seem like a big deal to alot of people but for the amount of money and time spent by my parents at this particular casino that the customer service would be alot better. When she went down stairs to confront them they offered her all kinds of deals and amenities. This hotel was in no way fully booked I have been there when it was. It was practicallly empty. What happened to customer service before your treated like garbage.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our second time staying there & we enjoyed our stay, the room & the friendly staff at the front desk & Mike the bartender. Thank you!
The rooms are large, very clean with comfortable bedding. We had no complaints. When reading other peoples reviews it makes me wonder if we stayed at the same place.
We will be visiting again. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wow, I read some of the other reviews before writing mine and I'm wondering if we stayed at the same hotel as the one the other people reviewed. I truly believe if you treat others with respect you receive the same, I found everyone at the Hotel and Casino pleasant, friendly and helpful. Check in and out was a breeze and our room was comfortable and well appointed as well as having a great view. For the past 5 yrs. my sister and I have been taking 'sisters weekends' twice a year, this was our second time staying at the Hotel/Casino and we had as much fun if not more than the first time. We have noticed that the room rates fluctuate depending on who's headlining in concert, so if you visit when there are only cover bands or lesser known singers the rates are lower. Neither my sister or I smoke and although a little annoying or uncomfortable at times it's a Casino 'what do you expect?'. We did try and stay in the smoke-free section of the Casino but truly it wasn't very smoke-free nor were the slots as much fun so we toughed it out with the smokers. I recommend you visit, it's closer than Vegas and it's a beautiful drive through the mountains. While there take a trip over to Ellicottville for shopping in all the quaint boutiques, especially Tangled Twigs, then head over to Cafe Culture and enjoy sitting around the outdoor fire pit with your beverage of choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York state
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Made reservations for our first splurge visit 6 months in advance...our plane arrived late so we were not able to get to the hotel until 9pm...after travelling for 18hours we were beyond tired. We stagger up to the counter to be told that they gave our room away and the non smoking King luxury room with oversized shower was now gone and the ONLY room left was a 2 double smoking!!! So Furious as my husband is severly allergic to cigarette smoke so we cannot sleep in a smoking room. DIscovered it was the local colleges family weekend so no other rooms available with 40miles! REALLY??? I was told the King room was a "request" and rooms are given first come first served. NO WHERE on my reservation does it say it is a request. NOR does it say that if you arrive at night you will be without a room. We got in the car and drove off exhausted and angry...we will never be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!