“The best” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Salamanca
USA
“The best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been to the Senaca hotel and casino a number of times now and, frankly, the place is just great. I play craps and the game at Seneca is nicely paced maybe because the dealers arent up to AC or Vegas speed; however, it gives the player a chance to catch his breath, monitor his bankroll, and keep his chips straight on the table when lots of folks have chips down. The folks working there are uniformly cheerful and pleasant. The buffet is good for what it is. I particularly like the meatloaf and the roasted red skin potatoes. The prime rib is a bit uneven with some pieces being great and others tough. The Italian restaurant is a bit below par also, but I enjoy it nonetheless. The wine list needs some work also. Hey, this place is in the middle of nowhere (Ok, it's close to Bradford, PA) and they are trying hard and it shows and they should be rewarded with your business. I think the slots are a bit tight, but not so much that you cant get a decent score now and then. They have a lot of penny and nickel machines so if you just want to eat and drink and getaway you wont get killed. They are just finishing up a 200 room addition and I hope adding all those folks doesnt detract from the small, homey, cozy atmosphere of the place.

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Medina, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Upon arrival we were treated like we were special guests. From check in to check out the staff
was attentive and friendly, helping us with every need ,no matter how trivial it may have seemed
Our bellhop,Brett , took the time to explain the layout of the casino, the restaurants and their specialties, services of the spa and gym/pool sections. Which I have to say the pool was nice and warm,also clean with the natural sunlight and colored light in the pool giving it a surreal effect. Absolutely,had a very relaxing swim and this is an important factor in a hotel for us.
The restaurant food at the 24hour cafe was surprisingly good and the waiter attentive even at 4:30am! Our room service lunch was beautifully set up like a fine dining table. Also, the server was polite and definatley knows her job,well done, thank you.I liked the fact that the gaming floor was not all crunched together and you could move around freely without banging into some other player.The smoke issue is to be expected but was not nearly as smoky as the Niagara Falls partner casino. I can barely breath at the N.F. casino. they seriously need to venelate the property better. There is another site at this Alleganycasino people should make a point to see. The "Chihuly" glass chandliers located in the bar and the Turtle Island ,non smokers section. I think people don't realize that these are like looking at Rembrandt of the glass art world. Please ,go see,and enjoy the wonderful art all thru this casino. Oh yes, the lady at the Logo store helped immensly in the purchasing of tickets for the Sylvia Browne 50th Anniversary Tour. A helpful front desk clerk and the Logo clerk pulled this together for us at the last minute. Even though I wil be staying at another hotel for this night,(yours was fully booked up) I was so happy about this I can't thank you enough for this" bucket list" dream come true. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone for a wonderful time. Our experience was A+. Thank you.

Room Tip: facing north gives a wonderful view of the hills
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

One of the cleanest hotels I've ever seen. The entire property s spotless, including our room. The spa and pool had a wonderful atmosphere and were also very clean. Customer service was outstanding. Everyone goes out of their way to be nice and say "hi", and if you have a problem, it will certainly be taken care of immediately. Dinner at Italian Restaurant was superb and service was also great. Cafe service was a little slow but we were eating after 12 am. Casino had a pleasant atmosphere. The one and only problem we had was that construction is taking place on the new wing of the hotel and the "banging" started at 7:30am. A little early after a long night in the casino. Overall a great place to stay. Plan to return in the fall when the trees are at peak color.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just visited Seneca Allegany Resort for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. We had a corner suite which was very nice and quiet albeit pricey. It did not have wireless internet in the hotel which we were informed that they are considering it in the future. We had dinner at the steak house which was outstanding. Our breakfast at the casual restaurant was also very good. We did not try the buffet. Every staff member we encountered was helpful and friendly. My wife enjoyed her treatments at the Spa too. And considering it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was full the place never seemed crowded. The downsides? We are non-smokers. No matter where we went we could not escape the smell of smoke. Non-smoking area's exist but the smell is everywhere. You cannot escape it. Even our non-smoking room faintly smelled of smoke, and there are no windows that can be opened. Because of the smoke we never even ventured out into the main casino, which we had hoped to do. Also, I am a poker player. I found out upon arrival that the poker room is a mile down the road in the Seneca Bingo Hall. I did not like that. A shuttle runs back and fourth every half hour, but I would have appreciated being told this in advance. And the poker room was very quiet. The staff and dealers were great, yet they had a hard time keeping two tables full, which really surprised me! We saw a major addition being built to double the size of the hotel. I hope the owners consider making the addition non-smoking with a true non-smoking casino (including a poker room) that is isolated from the rest of the place with different air handling systems. If not, we probably will not go back. I think our next gaming trip will be over the border into Niagara Falls Canada. Both casinos there are completely non-smoking now. For us that makes having to pay for our drinks worth it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Salamanca casino is just a treat to visit. Enjoy the ambiance very much.Just a lovely place. Oh sure the buffet isnot near as good as it once was but is still much better than other casino buffets. Has anyone been to Erie? MAYBE mountaineer? What an insult to the customer.Ok Salamanca..love the hotel, the steak house, and everything else.Whoever reviewed the Western Door as being bad must have had one too many drinks. That place NEVER disappoints.Food is superior and worth $50-$75 per person.Love you guys eventhough the machines dont always put out.See you soon.

• Stayed March 2012
Cabot, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I frequent this property at least 6 or 7 times a year. We love the rooms. They are beautifully decorated with a natural decor. The rooms are quite roomy and very clean. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms large. There is a vanity with a make up mirror outside of the bathroom in the hallway. Each room has a little counter area with coffee and a built in refrigerator. The corner suites have a few more amenities. They all have a jacuzzi tub in front of the large windows that overlook the beautiful wooded mountainous area. The suites come with plush robes and large bath sheets. Recently our visa was billed for cleaning of a stain on the carpeting that we did not do. When we confronted the management about the charge, we were questioned and accused, but they did remove the charge. I did not like the fact that they just billed my visa without even consulting me about the incident. On two other occasions we were charged $10 for the gift box that is in the room. But we never took the gift boxes. My husband and I are loyal customers to this hotel. We have spent many nights there and spent much money in the casino. I wrote them a letter about my recent experience, but they never even acknowledged the letter. Perhaps they need to work on their customer service.

Room Tip: We get our rooms comped, but if you can afford a suite, go for it, you will not be disappointed. St...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Marc P, Manager at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Good day, Laurie D, and thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We're delighted that your stay was comfortable and that the suite was appointed to your liking.
Would you kindly contact me at your convenience? I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you personally to ensure your satisfaction and happy returns.
All the best,
Marc Papaj
Vice President of Resort Operations
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

we stay here about 4 times a year or more just to get away with out having to go far from home.we did a spa weekend with a show, we had a lovely time the children swam and did a steam bath as for me i slept in.we all had dinner at the thunder moutain buffet this is a nice buffet with alot to choose from..yes we did gamble a little but did not win this time maybe next time..the hotel is adding a new wing it looks like there will be some great new rooms.

Room Tip: get a corner king room or one of the rooms on the 11th floor as they are 1bedroom with a living room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you, davebab! Sounds like a great weekend getaway of pampering and fun! We have some great new rooms coming soon, and we look forward to your happy returns. All the best!

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!