“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fairborn
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Folksy atmosphere with knotty pine interior. I had the Friday fish special (haddock) broiled for about $12. The baked potato was only warm (but the place was pretty busy.) Had the ½ carafe of wine for $11 and it was a good quality. Server was attentive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Olean, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

After listening to friends laud this place for many years, I finally went in April with my wife. Wow, was I disappointed! It started out badly when they seated us near the kitchen door, where we were treated with servers blowing by us in every direction with plates of food. That was my fault in a way -- as non-regulars we were obviously given the crappy table, and I should have asked to be reseated over by the windows, where there were plenty of empty two-person tables. Anyway, from there it got worse. Our young, bored-looking server screwed up our order (or somebody did). These are not cheap cuts of meat, and my wife's medium NY Strip was still bleeding (fixable, but annoying) and my "rare" ribeye was burned to a crisp (can't fix that one). When they finally got it right, I was surprised at how average the meat was. I've had far better. I doubt I'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saco, Maine
“NOT the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I like my steak rare, not "black and blue". The outside of my filet was burned to a crisp..so burned I couldn't chew it. A mention to the young waitress of the obviously burned condition produced a shrug. Day old microwaved potato plus canned green beans and grocery store cheap rolls finished off the experience. Sad to ruin a nice piece of meat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fredonia, New York
“Quaint country setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ate here after friend's recommendation. Later in wk. (Thurs.) so expected to be busier. No reservation but were seated upon entry. Not shabby but a little on the older side. My filet was cooked perfectly and wife's steak, also. Ample portions but, nothing out of ordinary. Decent service but place doesn/t compare to Western Door. But then again, either do prices. Not a must do, but do recommend for value. Overall, good experience. Might return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ny
“great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and grandson had steaks here 05/31/13. Whole meal was great.To bad we live aways from here or would be here often.Staff was great. Our server Bridget was very attentive and help to make meal really great.

• Visited May 2013